Author Topic: What tools are needed?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
    • View Profile
Re: What tools are needed?
« Reply #30 on: July 24 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
My dad's 98 chevy had a weird low pressure valve that didn't have a schrader valve you had to replace the whole thing  And call me weird but I don't think pulling a vac is an accurate leak test.  WHen I converted the T over to R134a it would hold vacum but loose pressure. 
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
From what I've read the vac isn't a test for integrity but to "boil" off the moisture in the system. I watched a guy on you tube with a rubber tipped blow gun squirt the system full of air pressure .

When the daughter brings the car back we shall heat it up and see what comes of it.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25 2018, 08:13:23 PM »
Well car came and sat all day but I had other stuff. I did order a couple of those fittings, an accumulator, tube thing, and some rubber things to seal the can tap for $35 shipped off rock auto. Not sure why I couldn't get it to blow cold but maybe the tube thing and a new accumulater will help it.

I know Charlie is up there yelling stuff and cussing me. Wish he was here to help.
Rich

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28 2018, 09:56:06 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4Y7NkfWCg

Well I see the problem. I'm going to go at it with a pliers. This was suggested but I was taught not to use pliers on stuff. I guess this is the exception.

[img/]

I bought some of these but I'm not sure they will fit as the thread looks pretty big. Probably going to make a trip to the local part house and see if I can match it up. Looks like I need one for the suburban too as It doesnt hold pressure either.

Went out last night with the blacklight flashlight. Nothing conclusive. I shined(is that a word, maybe shown), it around on the lines and such but the daughter was much more enthralled with how it lit up her sock and such. At least she came out to help.

I think I'm making progress but it isn't blowing cold so we keep moving forward.
« Last Edit: July 28 2018, 10:00:21 AM by TexasT »
Rich

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo