Author Topic: I concur completely..if not more so  (Read 14671 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Zap

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I concur completely..if not more so
« Reply #1 on: February 15 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
I concur more than you do.

Seriously, has anyone who practices a religion, whatever that religion may be, ever considered the absurdity, if not the ultimate futility, of that religion?

Presumably, from what I've read, those who undertake the practice of a religion assume that an entity, one possessing the godly power to create and oversee a universe (and everything in that universe) does somehow, and for some reason, dutifully demand that certain rituals be performed. Further, they assume that failure to perform these rituals will result in punishment, less than favorable standings, outright damnation, or other unpleasantries . Now, I may not be the croakiest frog in the pond, but you give me an entity who goes around creating universes, yet still DEMANDS regularly scheduled ass-kissings, and I gotta comment that said entity is displaying some less than admirable qualities. Experience (and observation) has taught me that such egomaniacal behavior, earthbound or ethereal, is not (generally speaking) indicative of a high degree of trustworthines s; leastwise afterlife-wise.

So, what is the point of kissing ass, when no reward can be counted on anyhow?
You can't get sweet shit outta a sour asshole

DCEPTCN

« Reply #2 on: February 15 2011, 05:17:32 PM »
I typed something quite lengthy and profound here only to accidentally close the page and lose the post. Divine intervention? A wrathful deity? A fat retard with clumsy, sausage-like fingers? We may never know.

Offline Zap

• View Profile
I concur completely..if not more so
« Reply #3 on: February 15 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
Amen

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16 2011, 09:57:00 AM »
X2
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16 2011, 11:58:11 AM »
Thanks Steve as that was an Excellent video that I passed around to many people I know.

Zap, I thought your post was very good & played very fair about ALL Religions!

I'll stay with my Karma Attitude in life Thankyou!!

Cheers!
David
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Zap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16 2011, 05:48:03 PM »
Religion is strictly a man-made invention, reflecting the faults and foibles of man. One can maintain spirituality without falling into the hypocrisy of religious trappings.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
Exactly! ^^^
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16 2011, 06:18:50 PM »
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Offline stevemon

• Turbo Street Limited
    • View Profile
    • http://www.throttlebodys.com
« Reply #9 on: February 16 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
Quote from: "Zap @ Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm"
I concur more than you do.

2004 Ford Ranger Edge Ext Cab
2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport 4WD, V-6
1986 GN - Sold
1989 TTA #10 - Sold
2006 Itasca Navion Motorhome

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
Quote from: "Zap @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:48 pm"
Religion is strictly a man-made invention, reflecting the faults and foibles of man. One can maintain spirituality without falling into the hypocrisy of religious trappings.

You got that one!! I was raised by a preacher (part time) & saw more than I care to have seen via Miracles etc.. Altho, maybe it opened MY Eyes to the Religion Business we have!!

religion can be good to an extent in a Normal Person but ANY Extremist Religion including Christians is Screwed Up & run by $$$$$$$$$ & or Power!!
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Zap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16 2011, 07:32:26 PM »
I agree. There's nothing more dangerous to a free society than religious zealotry. Odd that Christians can see the faults with Muslims that they cannot see in themselves.

Offline Zap

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16 2011, 07:34:21 PM »
And I do believe in intervention, if not outright creation, but by what or who, I claim no knowledge.

Offline Wrecked Em

• PSI: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotairbuick.com
« Reply #13 on: February 16 2011, 08:38:01 PM »
Quote from: "Zap @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm"
I agree. There's nothing more dangerous to a free society than religious zealotry. Odd that Christians can see the faults with Muslims that they cannot see in themselves.

Who here has not recognized that in Islam and Christianity, the gods are the same. Heck, even Islam even recognizes Jesus. They just consider him a prophet and not the son of God. If you follow Islam idea of the 12th Imam, I think it has quite a resemblance to the death of Jesus Christ and his return to save everyone. The 12th Imam is in hiding and waiting to return to save the Muslims.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 16 2011, 09:12:27 PM »
It seems very popular for those superior beings, that have recognized that the entire idea of a god is ridiculous, to sneer at those that still believe.

What is really ridiculous is to equate modern day christianity with islam.  

Today's christianity is a strained thru the sheets version of that practiced and proclaimed 1400 years ago whereas islam is practically unchanged as from the same period.

Furthermore, allah's words in the koran state that there are three peoples of the book-jews, christians, and finally, the muslims.

He also promises that the muslims shall inherit the earth and that jews and christians will be allowed to live under the domination of the muslims, but, non-believers will be given the option of converting to islam, or be put to death.

I suspect that rather than standing firm by their superiority, there will be a lot of of currently enlightened non-believers learning to face east and pray five times a day if the muslim empire is not nipped in the bud.

I believe the 12th imam will not arise to save the muslims, but, rather to give them the world promised by allah.  There are many muslims that believe this as well.  The only question will be if the imam will be persian, or from some other sect.  Certainly there is a growing number that believe the time is upon us.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal