Author Topic: Tuning  (Read 12134 times)

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Tuning
« Reply #30 on: December 17 2010, 10:47:23 PM »
Well, I am sure he's rocking a 200 amp alternator.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Tuning
« Reply #31 on: December 17 2010, 11:22:33 PM »
LOL

don't get me started on wasting money on alternators...

Speaking of Zaps, A.J., bout ten years ago, I laid my wrist across the alternator reaching for something...I heard the Zap, and looking down to see my stainless steel watch band glowing....lef t a scar like the one Kane had in his lama test.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
Tuning
« Reply #32 on: December 17 2010, 11:57:47 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 pm"
LOL

don't get me started on wasting money on alternators...

Speaking of Zaps, A.J., bout ten years ago, I laid my wrist across the alternator reaching for something...I heard the Zap, and looking down to see my stainless steel watch band glowing....lef t a scar like the one Kane had in his lama test.

Ok now that had me laughing even though I know it was not funny. I seen that happen too.

I was out for a afternoon cruise in a up-scale neighbour-hood on my bike when I thought a bomb went off beside me. I look down and my blue jeans are soaked and my legs are numb. I though great . . . . Then after a few moments I see smoke then my legs started to burn ! Well it was a quick stop to the closest driveway. And yeah I know stop drop and roll. But I was Running in front of houses to find one that did not have their gate locked to the back yard at the same time  strippin my pants et-al off ! ! Lets just say they thought I was streaking when I was seen running in front of those houses. Then looking for their water tap and hose ! ! !
I had quite the audience . . . POLICE even showed up, by then someone had brought me some pants. lol

Lets just say that a hydrogen boom is pretty loud and the acid burning is not fun.

Was not funny at the time but now I look back at it and giggle a little.

AJ___

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Tuning
« Reply #33 on: December 18 2010, 12:20:10 AM »
that used to happen pretty often....you were lucky that it was not a lot worse...but, I would like to have it on tape!
Steve Wood

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
Tuning
« Reply #34 on: January 16 2011, 05:00:11 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm"
Most of the so called tuning issues that I see turn out to be a car that is not running properly because something is not right rather than being a true tuning problem.

guys don't want to do that !! they want to throw parts on it an run 10s  with NO problems.  They prob still think the easter bunny is real to  :cool;

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Tuning
« Reply #35 on: January 16 2011, 07:34:49 PM »
guys don't want to do that !! they want to throw parts on it an run 10s
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Sorry AJ.
« Reply #36 on: January 16 2011, 11:05:50 PM »
Quote from: "$1987 GN$ @ Fri 17 Dec, 2010 22:57"
Ok now that had me laughing even though I know it was not funny. I seen that happen too.

I was out for a afternoon cruise in a up-scale neighbour-hood on my bike when I thought a bomb went off beside me. I look down and my blue jeans are soaked and my legs are numb. I though great . . . . Then after a few moments I see smoke then my legs started to burn ! Well it was a quick stop to the closest driveway. And yeah I know stop drop and roll. But I was Running in front of houses to find one that did not have their gate locked to the back yard at the same time
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
Tuning
« Reply #37 on: January 17 2011, 10:35:10 AM »
You are correct, Charlie.  One problem is that many don't want to read anything with more than three sentences, and, I cannot even say, Hello, is three sentences..

The other problem is organization.. .perhaps not my strong suit, but, there are so many interactive subjects that it is hard to go 1,2,3.....10 without needing to loop back and mentioning 4 again.

And, of course, there are so many ways to approach the subject and they all seem to work for the guy that understands how things work...at least they work if the cam has 12 good lobes on it and the compression is good in all six cylinders...:D
Steve Wood

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
Tuning
« Reply #38 on: January 17 2011, 11:00:43 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:51 pm"
Most of the so called tuning issues that I see turn out to be a car that is not running properly because something is not right rather than being a true tuning problem.

This has be the problem since cars had crank handles. I remember a friend many years ago bitched he couldn't get out of the 14's with a 11 sec build.  I drove the car and it had no clutch left. Changed the cover and plate and it ran 11's. Same applies to our cars. 2-3 flare can add 2 seconds to et. Sloppy suspension, fuel supply, engine mechanical and other problems can add seconds also.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal