Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
IHADAV8 Playground / Re: No Cooler!
« Last post by daveismissing on January 20 2018, 08:31:11 PM »
Lenovo and Dell are big in the corporate leasing biz. There would be many many off-lease machines needing "refurbishment"
« Last post by TexasT on January 20 2018, 07:13:06 PM »
I'm finding since Dell went private they don't have shareholders breathing down their neck demanding marketshare thus the great deals don't seem to be there anymore

I dropped off a whole skid(about 2300# worth) of dell desktop units to a place in ft worth. The guy sez he and his guys "refurbish" them. They had several "stations" where they appeared to do the "refurbishing".
« Last post by Steve Wood on January 20 2018, 06:25:59 PM »
trying to buy a graphics card is almost impossible at the moment.  They are being bought up to make cryptocurrency mining boxes with and the prices have almost doubled on some of them...if you could find one
Transmissions / Re: Torque Convertors/Turbo Combos-Real World Results
« Last post by Forzfed on January 20 2018, 05:59:30 PM »
Ours is a 9/11 LU  :cool; 9/11 is sitting with an old motor an trans. Her new set up is a stroker with a PTC NL. Still hung up on LU's here unless your trying to get every single 100th out of the car  :rofl:

Dan...the reading I've done says you really have to buzz the RPM's to maximize a stroker. Any truth to that with you guys.

The opposite is true.  You will make more hp and torque but in a smaller range.  A destroked motor won't make as much peak hp and torque but will do it over a bigger rpm range, I believe.  Earl?  Earl?
« Last post by earlbrown on January 20 2018, 05:35:25 PM »
With a longer torque arm, I'd image the opposite is true.
« Last post by Steve Wood on January 20 2018, 05:34:14 PM »
The advantage seems to be that they seem to support their warranties better than most... At least here in Texas
« Last post by daveismissing on January 20 2018, 05:11:22 PM »
I'm finding since Dell went private they don't have shareholders breathing down their neck demanding marketshare thus the great deals don't seem to be there anymore
« Last post by Scoobum on January 20 2018, 04:32:11 PM »
Ours is a 9/11 LU  :cool; 9/11 is sitting with an old motor an trans. Her new set up is a stroker with a PTC NL. Still hung up on LU's here unless your trying to get every single 100th out of the car  :rofl:

Dan...the reading I've done says you really have to buzz the RPM's to maximize a stroker. Any truth to that with you guys.
« Last post by Steve Wood on January 20 2018, 04:08:28 PM »
Just to be honest I'm not a fan of Dell's inspiron line. That box seriously needs an SSD boot drive.

Do you have a microcenter near you Steve? Anything against Intel? IMO dollar for dollar you'll get a faster cpu with intel.

I have an SSD in my current machine...a 128 gb Samsung and I agree.  I did not notice this one did not have an SSD.

In the old days, AMD were slower but a lot cheaper. They still made good gaming machines.  Today, the Ryzen family is faster than Intel and are only slightly cheaper.  I think they are better for value in all contexts now.
« Last post by reality on January 20 2018, 03:36:55 PM »
Dan, did you do a run with it not locked up?  And if so what was the ET and mph difference?

And how does that compare with a good nonlock?  ET and mph
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10