Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
IHADAV8 Playground / Re: Turbo Tweak GN ECU
« Last post by BoostedRPS on Today at 07:05:43 PM »
Tyler, check out Andy whittle's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UMj0PxBbbj_N8S-aD6M-A

Tunerstudio is pretty nice. Download the software, and they have some sample projects you can look at. If youíve used any other tuning software youíll be able to find your way around.

Jason, is it doing boost control with the stock solenoid? Planning on using it to control your alky?
I haven't messed with boost control yet. Still doing it with the RJC manual boost controller. I have plans to use the ECU for the alky control but haven't got that far yet

Thank you for posting the link to that Youtube channel!

I'm going to email that guy and see if he would be willing to do online courses if I got a few people to pitch in for a few sessions, and he did like a GotoMyPC kinda deal or something.

I've messed with the tuning software and explored TS and MegalogViewer as well, but until I know wtf I'm actually doing, messing around will only get me so far.
His voice is a little annoying and sometimes I have to rewind the videos because he goes a little fast but all in all, good stuff.

BTW, super jealous you're going to the holley classes.  I've never played with a MOTEK but I've been told the holley software is very similiar

Dude anyone can go to the classes! ....or at least I HOPE SO! I sent in my application to attend on Friday, and I'm waiting for confirmation of my seats. Hopefully I receive an email back on Monday confirming my classes.

The courses are November 3rd-7th, and cover Tier 1 on the 3rd, Tier 2 on the 4th n 5th, and Tier 3 on the 6th and 7th.

Tier 1 course is $150. Tier 2 and 3 are $225/ea. I know it will be a lot to absorb in a short period of time, and with hotels/car rentals/airfare I'll be spending a good $2,000-$2,500 but I firmly believe it will be worth it.

Not only to educate myself on the Holley Dominator I plan on running (shhh! ;) )  but to help kickstart my career as a tuner by learning as much possible and being certified in a specific ECM/software. From there, the goal is to eventually apply my knowledge of the Holley software to the TunerStudio and XFI softwares.

Aside from all that, having certification from Holley that I actually know what I am doing (because I admittedly do NOT know speed density right now) will allow me to garner better labor rates when I tune people's cars (I'd never charge my friends...that is a given) and hopefully add some legitimacy to the status and respect of RPS in the eyes of my peers. Hopefully they will see this as a genuine step forward towards learning "real world" tuning procedures and abilities.

Regardless of what my peers say, I'm stoked to take the courses so that I can learn this software and truly maximize and tune my own setup once I get my Dominator! I am doing this for ME, SCREW what everyone else thinks!! :D
IHADAV8 Playground / Re: Turbo Tweak GN ECU
« Last post by good2win22 on Today at 05:57:23 PM »
Tyler, check out Andy whittle's YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6UMj0PxBbbj_N8S-aD6M-A

Tunerstudio is pretty nice. Download the software, and they have some sample projects you can look at. If youíve used any other tuning software youíll be able to find your way around.

Jason, is it doing boost control with the stock solenoid? Planning on using it to control your alky?
I haven't messed with boost control yet. Still doing it with the RJC manual boost controller. I have plans to use the ECU for the alky control but haven't got that far yet

Thank you for posting the link to that Youtube channel!

I'm going to email that guy and see if he would be willing to do online courses if I got a few people to pitch in for a few sessions, and he did like a GotoMyPC kinda deal or something.

I've messed with the tuning software and explored TS and MegalogViewer as well, but until I know wtf I'm actually doing, messing around will only get me so far.
His voice is a little annoying and sometimes I have to rewind the videos because he goes a little fast but all in all, good stuff.

BTW, super jealous you're going to the holley classes.  I've never played with a MOTEK but I've been told the holley software is very similiar
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by Steve Wood on Today at 05:36:49 PM »
that is good.  I am glad the surgery provided some relief!
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by nocooler on Today at 04:03:22 PM »
I wish I could find a cam card for the ljms stage 2 to compare it. The sloppy stage 2 is pretty close as well.

I got released from most restrictions Wednesday. Overall the pain is much more tolerable so far.

I spent Thursday and Friday detailing the crv. Wash, apply iron-x, wash, clay bar, wash, clear coat sealant, top coat of wax. Itís a lot of work, but now that itís done I wonít have to worry about not washing it until next year. Itís about due for itís first oil change too.
General Buick Tech / Re: Intercooler Tech
« Last post by nocooler on Today at 02:23:41 PM »
Everyone likes discounts!
« Last post by Scoobum on Today at 02:05:01 PM »
Definitely not suggesting the witch-hunt or excuses were expected from you - just those vendors who use products with the less than ideal characteristic s you've highlighted. I honestly appreciate your efforts.

I am in the middle of sweating my bag off shoveling rocks and dirt under my deck right now so I will revisit this later - if I am not in the ER recovering from heat stroke.

Tyler's a welcome addition. He's educated, articulate and well written. As far as the other vendors are concerned...th ey'd best pull up their socks...cuz he's here to stay.
General Buick Tech / Re: issue with vibration at 60 mph
« Last post by rhturbo on Today at 01:38:03 PM »
Thanks everyone, Tires on Front are brand new. Just replaced them to try and solve the issue. I thought about the possibility that  the drive shaft was causing the issue but when the problem starts I put it into neutral and coasted and the vibration did not go away until i gt below 60 mph. Stock rims all around . Brakes are stock all around. brake pads were changed last week on front rotors. Hoping the shop can measure run out on rims to see if that's an issue.
« Last post by Steve Wood on Today at 01:02:38 PM »
If the car has been parked for a few years, check the tires.  they do take a set after awhile and run like they are square at speed.  A good balancer should show them to be out of round.

Also, check the u-joints
« Last post by nocooler on Today at 12:35:01 PM »
If you want it fixed do it yourself or take it to a place that you can trust.

Are you sure itís not a driveline vibration?

How long has the car sat? Are the brakes stock? Suspension? Stock wheels? Radials tires on all four corners? Howís the alignment?
« Last post by motorhead on Today at 12:00:37 PM »
Definitely not suggesting the witch-hunt or excuses were expected from you - just those vendors who use products with the less than ideal characteristic s you've highlighted. I honestly appreciate your efforts.

I am in the middle of sweating my bag off shoveling rocks and dirt under my deck right now so I will revisit this later - if I am not in the ER recovering from heat stroke.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10