Author Topic: Is it just me or are the differences in West Coast & East Coast TRs for sale odd?  (Read 2858 times)

Offline gordyzx9r

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • The Sultan of Swank
    • View Profile
It's no secret that I want another TR, maybe two.  I want a hardtop T-Type (not a limited as I want the floor console shifter) and my wife is starting to warm up to a T-Top T-Type (she'd want a limited if that's available with t-tops).  I want a high mileage (like 90K to 125K) example with little to no mods, no rust or major body damage, few options, and as long as the plastic interior pieces are in excellent shape I could care less about the upholstery.  This is something I want for a daily driver that I could have painted and redo the upholstery the way I'd like.  I love my GN but she's a not for everyday use with that black paint.  The wife would want a mid-mileage all around excellent conditon example with just the bare essential mods.  The wife just wants one so that we can have something in common to enjoy, she's about 50/50 split as to whether or not she'll go through with it.

I browse all the for sale sections in the various forums, ebay, autotrader, etc...and I started noticing some things about what people consider excellent condition and what they want for these things.

I've seen some T-Types in CA that claim no-rust, a little under 100K miles, mild mods and they're going for anywhere between $7,500 to $10,500...on the east coast, they want the same amount (sometimes a little more) but their cars almost always have rust.  I thought I found a T-Type in MT but the guy never got back to me.  And then there was that one in SoCal not too far from me...if I had had the time I wish I couldv'e checked it out as I'd probably have bought it; my fault for missing out on that one.  

Then there was that high mileage, but absolutely beautiful and well taken care of blue T that Gary and I saw at Fuddruckers awhile back.  It had about 185K on it and he seemed bound and determined to get no less than $10.5K for it...the last time I talked with him he mentioned giving it to his grandson.

[/quote]

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
I think alot of the differences come into play when the car has lived its life in the rust belt or not.  I know that down in the South all the way to the west coast the amount of rust on the cars is greatly reduced since the roads are not salted in the winter time due to snow. :smt031
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

DCEPTCN

It does appear that you will get what you want for your car if you wait long enough for the right buyer. I think it applies more to these cars than others. I would be very hesitant to get excited about a car that did not come from the arrid southwest..... which might complicate matters when I go looking for my GNX.

Offline Turbo Archie

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
A GNX shouldn't be affected buy the location.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal