Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Buick Tech / Re: Update on future build
« Last post by phil_long on July 23 2024, 02:37:42 PM »
Yeah I believe that I have been overtightening them. I'm going to purchase a torque wrench so I can ensure they are all the same. I have to do the same for the tranny pan as well. It's never ending
« Last post by Steve Wood on July 23 2024, 01:20:49 PM »
Don't over tighten the covers and make sure they are the actual leak.
« Last post by phil_long on July 23 2024, 08:53:32 AM »
I couldnt agree more!! Now i have to figure out what I unplugged because this buffer module is not sending that signal needed for proper lockup functionality to the ECM. I unplugged the original VSS and connected Casper's module up, and according to the instructions, the LED is supposed to blink to verify proper operation. I've attached a drill to the end of the sender to spin it manually and I'm still not getting a blink on the module to verify the signal is being sent. I'm also getting a code 24 which I expect to get since the speedo cable is now removed. I installed a custom dash and I have to find what wire got unplugged. I'll double check the condition of the plug on the car. Maybe a pin isn't seated properly or something.

https://www.installationinstructions.com/102162.pdf

My next task is to retorque the heads to the proper requirements and find a way to stop these valve covers from leaking. I'll be on my way to Texas after that Lol
« Last post by Steve Wood on July 19 2024, 09:31:55 AM »
It's a great feeling when car dreams become reality.
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by Steve Wood on July 19 2024, 09:30:28 AM »
Hope that is the problem!
« Last post by phil_long on July 18 2024, 05:27:44 PM »
We're almost there guys! Aside from the TC not locking up, the car really drives nice. As I said, I haven't boosted it yet, but the pull I'm getting just getting out of vacuum to zero lbs of boost is so so nice.
« Last post by phil_long on July 18 2024, 05:25:50 PM »
Yes. Great customer service and wonderful people to do business with. I have another sender on the way. I tested the one I have by spinning it up with a drill while checking for the flashing LED on the buffer module. It never flashed so i plan to do the same test with the new sender once it arrives.
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by nocooler on July 18 2024, 03:15:49 PM »
So the lines aren't leaking but the trans is seeping at the front pump again.
I've come the conclusion that the Lokar dipstick is no where near to being accurate. The level was set running and it sat for a few days. Today I popped the tube out and stuck my finger in, didn't even get one knuckle in and hit fluid. No wonder this thing pukes fluid everywhere when it sits. I've got a new locking metal tube and real dipstick coming - I'll install it and calibrate it, and try again maybe with the correct fluid level my problems will disappear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal