Author Topic: New injectors & chip  (Read 11628 times)

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« on: October 24 2006, 08:17:29 PM »
Just had my 60 motrons/mototrons installed Sunday, along with a Neal Steward 60 X 100 octane chip, and does the car purr now. noticable better idle quality, a little smoother through the full RPM range, a little quieter, just waiting to order, receive, & install a PSM cold air set-up, maybe some minor tuning, and then off to a dyno.  think that I want a TA-60 now, too. Maybe a Griffin aluminum radiator? Anybody got any pics of any Griffin aluminum radiators? The pics on their website sux, & they would not send me any. About $ 780 to my door, and they can't even take a couple of pics and send them to me? I am curious about what they look like in general. Clean lines, welding, & so forth?

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #1 on: October 24 2006, 08:49:08 PM »
umm a 60 and your 49 are basically the same bro....  put your alky kit on or give it to me

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: New injectors & chip
« Reply #2 on: October 25 2006, 12:49:08 AM »
The 60 puts out considderably more, but looks the same. Maybe if you're
really good, Santa Wells will be good to you.

I bought 60's for mine as well, but I haven't installed them yet. I've
seen the Griffin radiators somewhere before for a lot less money. I think it was Summit, but I'm not sure. I think they require adaptors for some of the lines too.
Rob

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #3 on: October 25 2006, 03:28:09 AM »
i will disagree... the consensus is that the 60 is not a worthy step up from the 49.... a 61 yes 60 nope...

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25 2006, 05:46:35 AM »
I appreciate everybody's input, but, you guys know me, I'm an old fart and I like to make small changes, that is why I would like to try the 60, about 25 horse more, I have heard, & looks the same, biggest that I can go in the ta configuration, & Santa Calus Wells is going to be good to himself this year. just like last year. I will definitely run out of money before I get this car done though.

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #5 on: October 25 2006, 04:15:55 PM »
yah do you really want to spend $750 for 25 hp?  And arent you only running 16 lbs of boost?  its not 25 more hp at 16lbs, maybe 24-25 etc...

you can get TA 61, 62's...
waste of money in my opion....

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
New injectors & chip
« Reply #6 on: October 25 2006, 04:26:09 PM »
I'll agree with Phil. If you have 60# injectors, put them to use. Make sure your Griffin has the tranny and oil lines too, lest you need an auxillary cooler. I think they DO have the lines though. But why do you need a Griffin? You should be at 165-170 on the freeway as is. Any cooler and you'll wash your cylinder walls down with fuel and the damn thing won't ever get in closed loop.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25 2006, 08:37:43 PM »
I currentlu run 21.5 # of boost, give a half of a # or so. This is on a vacuum-boost gage with a tell-tale reset that I watched being calibrated where I work. So, basically, in a nutshell, I know that I am running 21.5 # boost at full boogie. I rechecked my E-mail from Griffin Radiator and yes, they come with both coolers in the correct factory locations & 1.5" tubes, but financial wise, they are a freaking disaster, at $769 + 45 shipping to my door. And yes, on a cool morning, as a 5:30 A.M. run to DD's my temp is generally about 162-165 or so, but that creep up in slow moving or stopped traffic to about 175 or so. If i can attach the picture, see how nice that corner of the Griffin looks peeking out from under the radiator hold-down brace. I just want to verify that the rest of the radiator looks that nice. You guys don't want a TA-60 because you guys have more brains than money, now me, well, never mind. Oops, can't post, pic too big. Oh well.

Offline ledzeppac

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #8 on: October 26 2006, 05:54:08 PM »
Ask Lou and Morgan, they will both say keep the 49... :)

Do you even need a rediator too??? 175 is good...

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
New injectors & chip
« Reply #9 on: October 26 2006, 07:09:21 PM »
Gary, do you have a downpipe? And do you have the stock turbo elbow? I'd hope your cat is gutted too. No sense in going up 25hp potential if it's choked off too. Something to think about.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27 2006, 07:43:57 AM »
Don't undervalue 25 hp. I've seen magor racers work alot harder for alot less.
Every little bit counts, and makes the difference between winning and losing.
Yeah, there are more cost effective options, but if thats what you want, go for it.
Rob

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27 2006, 09:04:29 PM »
All the standard "Yellow brick road" to RWHP & RWTQ have been done to this car. THDP, gutted cat, dynoed 300 rwhp & 366 rwtq a couple of months ago on a fat tune with 100 octane UL VP fuel. And I know what Morgan & Lou would say. Only problem with that is it is not their money. I am interested in finding out what the real rwhp & rwtq with everything else the same between the two turbos. I show no detonation whatsoever with 100 octane at 21.5 lbs of boost. So i might be good for a few lbs of boost more with my current set-up, but with a bigger wastegate. I am about stretched out as much as possible with my lo-po wastegate, and the Race Jace Hybird seems about out of adjustment also. I have a brand new hi-po wastegate hidden away. Matter of fact, I have brand new hi and a low waste gates hidden away. Thank God for stuff you hide away for a rainy day.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28 2006, 01:26:15 AM »
Also with the intercoller you have, you'll likely gain more than 25 hp from the 60.
Rob

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
New injectors & chip
« Reply #13 on: October 28 2006, 09:57:10 AM »
Gary, do what you want to with your car if it makes you happy!  That's what I do!
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28 2006, 02:41:14 PM »
Is there such a thing as a "TA-61"? I know that there is a TE-61. Do the TA & or TE 61 have any real gonads at street level. Low level rpm, like pulling from start?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal