Author Topic: I was wrong but now we are getting somewhere!  (Read 32626 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
Re: I was wrong but now we are getting somewhere!
« Reply #105 on: August 30 2013, 02:01:48 PM »
DON'T FORGET TO PRIME THE ALKY SYSTEM.
i made that mistake and my number six rod didn't forgive me for it. :013:

This might be the best advice you get.

Absolutely. Hit my test button in the staging lanes every time before I make a run.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • RED-RETIRED EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30 2013, 02:16:55 PM »
It really does help when the chip matches the injectors.

Yes ! it really dose. I took the car for a test tonight when the rain letup and the pavement was dry... What a difference the 02'w where perfect the BLM's are perfect the car hauled ass at 15 psi tomorrow I'm going to keep bringing the boost up In increments until I get to the goal of 23-24 psi..... I have fallen in love with her twice over. Also that tapping noise has seemed to disappear at least after my few blasts I took... starting to wonder if injectors where the cause. Tomorrow I will find out when it idles again but as of tonight that noise is no where to be found.

I cant wait for arm drop now .... last arm drop my car had big tuning problems now I'm ready to come play :}}}}}}}}}}}  :cheers:   

Ready for Armdrop...or a quarter mile blast...is a mistake I see made time and time again.I hear these guys all the time saying that they lay into on the street and the 02 numbers look good. Wrong. These guys aren`t holding the loud pedal to the floor for a full quarter mile...just a few hundred feet...and get lulled into a sense of security. Make a full quarter mile blast at WOT with PL and what you`ll see is the 02`s getting leaner the further you go down the track...and that;s why I said we`d test your car for short runs and then check your PL log. I`d recommend making a WOT blast for a quarter of the track....then half track...and then three quarter. If all looks good...then you could make a full WOT pass. There`s a Mix N Match next Friday at SMP...and I`ll be there to help if you want it. You can then go to Armdrop and let er rip!
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline YGspider

• The Turbo Geek
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • 87 Turbo T
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30 2013, 04:28:18 PM »
Hey quick question for you guys how do I get the old oil cooler of my car and will the filter bolt up the same way once removed. the reason I ask is because the Fbody rad conversion is going in. Sick of the car running almost to 200.
Tranny cooler is going in as well.  :rock:
Stratman: Is it even running?

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30 2013, 04:44:28 PM »
Hey quick question for you guys how do I get the old oil cooler of my car and will the filter bolt up the same way once removed. the reason I ask is because the Fbody rad conversion is going in. Sick of the car running almost to 200.

There is a large filter adapter nut in the middle that holds the cooler to the pump.  It has a hex head you should be able to see it from underneath.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline YGspider

• The Turbo Geek
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • 87 Turbo T
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30 2013, 05:18:41 PM »
It really does help when the chip matches the injectors.

Yes ! it really dose. I took the car for a test tonight when the rain letup and the pavement was dry... What a difference the 02'w where perfect the BLM's are perfect the car hauled ass at 15 psi tomorrow I'm going to keep bringing the boost up In increments until I get to the goal of 23-24 psi..... I have fallen in love with her twice over. Also that tapping noise has seemed to disappear at least after my few blasts I took... starting to wonder if injectors where the cause. Tomorrow I will find out when it idles again but as of tonight that noise is no where to be found.

I cant wait for arm drop now .... last arm drop my car had big tuning problems now I'm ready to come play :}}}}}}}}}}}  :cheers:   

Ready for Armdrop...or a quarter mile blast...is a mistake I see made time and time again.I hear these guys all the time saying that they lay into on the street and the 02 numbers look good. Wrong. These guys aren`t holding the loud pedal to the floor for a full quarter mile...just a few hundred feet...and get lulled into a sense of security. Make a full quarter mile blast at WOT with PL and what you`ll see is the 02`s getting leaner the further you go down the track...and that;s why I said we`d test your car for short runs and then check your PL log. I`d recommend making a WOT blast for a quarter of the track....then half track...and then three quarter. If all looks good...then you could make a full WOT pass. There`s a Mix N Match next Friday at SMP...and I`ll be there to help if you want it. You can then go to Armdrop and let er rip!

I'll go for sure just pm me some details and i'll meet you there, Cant wait.
« Last Edit: August 30 2013, 05:28:02 PM by YGspider »

Offline YGspider

• The Turbo Geek
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • 87 Turbo T
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30 2013, 05:27:02 PM »

There is a large filter adapter nut in the middle that holds the cooler to the pump.  It has a hex head you should be able to see it from underneath.

Thanks, man you saved me some hassle.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal