Author Topic: Hey Sylvan  (Read 2783 times)

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Buickless and Loving It!!!
    • View Profile
Hey Sylvan
« on: July 14 2005, 09:18:09 AM »
I stumbled across your website the other night,  I am wondering if you are the guitarist?

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Hey Sylvan
« Reply #1 on: July 14 2005, 09:55:56 AM »
That is all him, even the keyboards and other musical apparatus you hear.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline straycat990

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Buickless and Loving It!!!
    • View Profile
Hey Sylvan
« Reply #2 on: July 14 2005, 10:01:57 AM »
damn ... did not realize that.  I was just wondering about the guitar .... sounds like he has it tuned 1 octave down and has the distortion cranked up on a Boss heavy metal pedal.  But, its hard to tell listening thru a laptops speakers.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Hey Sylvan
« Reply #3 on: July 14 2005, 10:12:37 AM »
Oh buddy, we're gearheads. Sylvan uses a Boss preamp and records direct I believe. We need to revive our old gear thread.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

DCEPTCN

Re: Hey Sylvan
« Reply #4 on: July 14 2005, 02:18:01 PM »
straycat990- thanks for hitting my site. PLEASE download it and burn it, I've worked really hard on some of he bass in there that you just can't hear unless it's on a good stereo....Thro wing GLass bumps like a motherfucker in my car's Alpine.

As Natty noted above, that's all me- so I have to take credit for the good and the bad. :yawinkle:  The guitar is tuned two whole steps down and the strings are 11's. Actually, the solo at the end of Were It Not is one octave up- that's the only octave tweaking in any of that. The distortion is from a Boss ME-50.....well, there is a spot or two that I used a Zoom 505 for the gain.

Don't forget to click on 'mp3 player' at the top of the screen here to hear stuff my 87natty and Recklessrob as well. There's some good chit in there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal