Author Topic: So, where do I start?  (Read 23409 times)

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
Re: So, where do I start?
« Reply #30 on: October 25 2012, 08:38:55 AM »
Hey guys(Steve), before I make the adjustments you suggested, I want to elaborate on another WOT pull. This morning coming into work, i had to go around some traffic(sitting still at a green light  :013:  so i went around them) the O2's showed 769 then went up to 802.  I hate to make adjustments when the car doesn't do the same thing everytime.  Am I worrying over nothing? Sometimes it seems sluggish, and sometimes it don't. Lol. My bad for the rant and potential unnecessary worries, but i just wanna be sure everything is all good.  Maybe I'll dbl check to be sure that the FP is rising with boost like it's suppose to. It was last time i checked, but i havent checked since installing these injectors and TT chip. :icon_neutral:

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25 2012, 08:43:11 AM »
And I might be paranoid. BUT, i will check the things you suggested.  had parent teacher conferences yesterday so i didnt have time. Today I will for sure have time before I head out to bowling.  And, i honestly dont think I would run with any V8 on the highway right now. From a stop light im all for it, but i hate losing, and didnt wanna risk it seeing that im still tuning.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25 2012, 08:51:31 AM »
Hey guys(Steve), before I make the adjustments you suggested, I want to elaborate on another WOT pull. This morning coming into work, i had to go around some traffic(sitting still at a green light  :013:  so i went around them) the O2's showed 769 then went up to 802.  I hate to make adjustments when the car doesn't do the same thing everytime.  Am I worrying over nothing? Sometimes it seems sluggish, and sometimes it don't. Lol. My bad for the rant and potential unnecessary worries, but i just wanna be sure everything is all good.  Maybe I'll dbl check to be sure that the FP is rising with boost like it's suppose to. It was last time i checked, but i havent checked since installing these injectors and TT chip. :icon_neutral:
That was first gear BTW

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
And my lazy ass still need to clean my air filter. :rolleyes;

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 25 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
Either clean your air filter, or buy a new one....I doubt it is the filter because your third gear runs don't look rich...but, get the damn filter clean so we know there is one less thing to affect the situation.

When making a run, be sure the car is warmed up and your foot is on the floor all the way...none of these half azzed part throttle runs that some people love to make.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25 2012, 10:20:24 AM »
Either clean your air filter, or buy a new one....I doubt it is the filter because your third gear runs don't look rich...but, get the damn filter clean so we know there is one less thing to affect the situation.

When making a run, be sure the car is warmed up and your foot is on the floor all the way...none of these half azzed part throttle runs that some people love to make.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  Im one of those people.  hahahahahahaha hahahahaha.  Im sorry.  Lmao.  I got it though. I'll be back with real numbers next time. Im dying laughing.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25 2012, 01:05:06 PM »
If it's a K&N, just throw it in the washing machine with the wife's unmentionables :)
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25 2012, 01:13:51 PM »
Im gullable when it come to shit like that.  Lol.  You cant really stick a KN in the washing machine can you?  Lol.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25 2012, 02:16:54 PM »
Not if your wife finds out your intention-thus the unmentionable part
Steve Wood

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
yall killin me. going to get the cleaner.  last thing i need is her complaining about something about this buick. i had the injectors laying around for too long. thanks for the suggestions. i figured the unmentionables where the under garments.  Lol

Offline Pyro6

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

...none of these half azzed part throttle runs that some people love to make.
I don't know what you mean, people actually do that???? It's an on/off switch I was told :D

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25 2012, 03:40:50 PM »
yep, it's a binary event
Steve Wood

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25 2012, 03:50:31 PM »
Hey, i only do part throttle runs due to fear that something is gonna break.  :D   And, the specs on the 6.0L GTO are quite impressive.  Im not in that league yet.  But i plan to be soon!!

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25 2012, 03:54:55 PM »
specs don't mean much in many cases...

cannot tune the car at part throttle....th rottleblade may be half open limiting the amount of air going into the engine, but the chip looks at the load and dumps fuel thinking you got the pedal to the metal and it may then run rich because the ecm is confused.
Steve Wood

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25 2012, 04:10:21 PM »
specs don't mean much in many cases...

cannot tune the car at part throttle....th rottleblade may be half open limiting the amount of air going into the engine, but the chip looks at the load and dumps fuel thinking you got the pedal to the metal and it may then run rich because the ecm is confused.
thats a great point. but im done with the part throttle crap. ima be a man and stand on it!!  :icon_eyes: :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal