Author Topic: Trip to the warmer southwest  (Read 20016 times)

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Trip to the warmer southwest
« Reply #75 on: March 31 2014, 09:36:05 PM »
I raced on this track in the Sixties... :D  it looks the same now as it did then.  We used to also go to Prairie Hill which was in the middle of a cotton field...saw Don Garlits run in the high 8's spinning the tires all the way....

these little tracks are hard to beat for atmosphere and a good time....

Glad you broke Gary in on real BBQ....those links sound delicious!!
The funniest thing was watching Gary eat a single slice of pickled jalapeno Steve. The first couple of bites he looked fine, and then I think he was trying to breath fire. :rofl: He kept saying his tongue had gone numb and then his right side. :cheers: I think we broke him in since Saturday he ate one of the last remaining cheddar jalapeno hot links and didn't think anything about it. :rock:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline firebird_1252

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31 2014, 10:02:30 PM »
gary I was messing with Charlie, I'm sure the food was outstanding. my first time bracket racers I go by their best then -.03 and tell them to run it out the door! glad to see it was a good itme!
87 GN- :D
2011 Jeep Liberty.. its trail rated!

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #77 on: March 31 2014, 10:12:43 PM »
I raced on this track in the Sixties... :D  it looks the same now as it did then.  We used to also go to Prairie Hill which was in the middle of a cotton field...saw Don Garlits run in the high 8's spinning the tires all the way....

these little tracks are hard to beat for atmosphere and a good time....

Glad you broke Gary in on real BBQ....those links sound delicious!!
The funniest thing was watching Gary eat a single slice of pickled jalapeno Steve. The first couple of bites he looked fine, and then I think he was trying to breath fire. :rofl: He kept saying his tongue had gone numb and then his right side. :cheers: I think we broke him in since Saturday he ate one of the last remaining cheddar jalapeno hot links and didn't think anything about it. :rock:

Those links are damned good...I need to go by venison world here and see if they have some...they used to
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31 2014, 10:14:34 PM »
Big shout out to all the folks I met at little river this last weekend.  Most fun I've had in a long time.

Charlie, was a bit busy today to get through all my required reading but I'll get to it.  Expect a call later this week to confirm my parts list.

Looking forward to researching this board...

Jason
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline TRICKSIXPA

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Shiny Parts Addict!
    • View Profile
Trip to the warmer southwest
« Reply #79 on: March 31 2014, 10:19:33 PM »
Maybe you just didn't want to come back to work Gary!! Can always tell when you got good company when you can BS like you been BS'ing for years with them!! Goats are good to have hope you don't have them all named Charlie. My wife has two Nubian goats she takes care of at her work, quite the characters those two are!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't care What Congress does as long as they don't do it on the streets and scare the kids!!

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31 2014, 11:39:10 PM »
Big shout out to all the folks I met at little river this last weekend.  Most fun I've had in a long time.

Charlie, was a bit busy today to get through all my required reading but I'll get to it.  Expect a call later this week to confirm my parts list.

Looking forward to researching this board...

Jason
Not a problem Jason. Gary called this morning when I was busy and I didn't get to call him back until 2 my time. I didn't eat lunch until then but I did snack a little around 11 expecting to work all day without a break. Alignment machine decided to go to crap just as I was finishing an alignment and that took an extra hour to get things done. :013:
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31 2014, 11:43:57 PM »
Maybe you just didn't want to come back to work Gary!! Can always tell when you got good company when you can BS like you been BS'ing for years with them!! Goats are good to have hope you don't have them all named Charlie. My wife has two Nubian goats she takes care of at her work, quite the characters those two are!!
We've got boer, austrailian, minitures, and pygmy goats and they can be fun, but they can be a pain at times. One of the pygmy had kids and they are so small as babies that they can walk through some of the fencing. We've got 2 that are being bottle fed right now and they behave like puppies. They'll follow us around. One of the miniatures is such a pain that she will ride the gator when we check the fences. :rofl:

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 01 2014, 06:31:18 PM »
Jason I'm glad you had a good time. Really felt awful I dialed you wrong.  :013:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal