Author Topic: So I go to Brady  (Read 5096 times)

Offline Charlief1

• Just another kinky six
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
So I go to Brady
« Reply #15 on: February 27 2011, 12:33:19 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Wood @ Sat 26 Feb, 2011 20:50"
I think my mishaps are even more funny than yours, GB

Charlie...I got it going again...I think the quality of my dryer is not up to the job and moisture might be a problem...usin g the black diamond stuff which i think is garnet based...also, I noticed my harbor freight regulator was leaking around the adjustment knob....I did back flush it and eventually it begin to blow grit again...

gonna have to start at square one and rework the compressor plumbing, I think...not too mention draining the compressor which I have not done lately

LOL! Drain the compressor first and then get another dryer Steve. You need to look up scatblast media. Be careful when using it though. It will strip just about anything and you need to be careful with it. It will destroy aluminim if you're not careful with it.
And remember, when dealing with children, silence may be golden but duct tape is silver.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
So I go to Brady
« Reply #16 on: February 27 2011, 08:40:16 AM »
This is kind of a reverse FAQ on how to media blast. :)
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
So I go to Brady
« Reply #17 on: February 27 2011, 11:17:03 AM »
that is the way I learn things...do it wrong, and then do it again right, if I ever do it again
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: So I go to Brady
« Reply #18 on: February 27 2011, 12:55:02 PM »
It would be no fun if everything went smoothly every single time. Then there would be no cut fingers, cussing, throwing parts in a fit & releasing some of that pent up anger from wherever you get it. Work, wife, kids, price of gas etc. Everyone needs to Screw it Up Real Good once in a while!
Makes it more fun in the long run!  :D   :bigeyes;
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

DCEPTCN

Re: So I go to Brady
« Reply #19 on: February 27 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
Reminds me of a time years ago when I forgot to tighten down the feeder on my table saw. Those little aluminum wheels just walked right over to the blade and it sent about a million little metallic shavings right at me. Now, I never saw any of said aluminum flakes but I was bleeding from about 900 places all up and down my forearms.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal