Author Topic: Stretch IC from GN1 Performance - feedback?  (Read 2399 times)

Offline QuickWE4

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Stretch IC from GN1 Performance - feedback?
« on: June 15 2011, 08:49:28 PM »
Hey Guys -

First post on this board after finding out that the last board I posted on was now empty (I've been away from the scene for a bit).

Anyway, I'm looking for feedback from anybody running the stock stretch IC from GN1 Performance.  Looks like a nice piece - I'm running a stock IC now with a dutt neck that was done for me way back in the day by Keith Mease.  Looking to go to the stretch now as I'm trying to squeeze a little more out of my combo.

Anybody have any comments?  How's the fit and finish?

Thanks in advance all -

Rich
Rich Cabelo
2010 Dodge Ram HEMI Crew Cab
1987 WE4, 23,000k-miles - TA49, 009\'s, Pro Torque 10.5\" l/u 3000 stall and Dynotech Shift Kit, ATR SS 2.5\" w/Pitbulls/Test Pipe, 3\" THDP, Big Mouth Cold Air, Walbro 307 HW, Accufab AFPR, RJC PP, Mease Big Neck I/C w/alum Scoop, Dynotech Engineering Aluminum Driveshaft, Metco LCA\'s, Gbodyparts Aluminum Radiator, Aluminum Drums, Braced front and rear, Bilsteins, Spohn Drag Sway Bar, Jim Testa and TurboTweak 100 Oct Chips

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #1 on: June 15 2011, 10:37:31 PM »
as i recall, some complained that the steering arm hit the ic at near full lock turns....don't know if this is the rule, or the exception but I think I have heard at least two comments about that....be kinda bad to knock a hole in it...may just be manufacturing tolerances in China

Probably not a nickle's worth of performance between any of them
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline QuickWE4

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
Re: Stretch IC from GN1 Performance - feedback?
« Reply #2 on: June 15 2011, 11:27:21 PM »
Hmmm ok maybe I'll stick with what I have.  Part of the reason i was considering it is because its polished and just looks great but i dont want to muck up anything for no real gains and fit issues to boot.  Steve did you mean that there's no additional gains to be had with the stretch over what I run now?

I am just itching to change something up here.  If not the ic I might do a larger turbo as I have a little too much converter for my 49 right now.
Rich Cabelo
1987 WE4, 23,000k-miles - TA49, 009\'s, Pro Torque 10.5\" l/u 3000 stall and Dynotech Shift Kit, ATR SS 2.5\" w/Pitbulls/Test Pipe, 3\" THDP, Big Mouth Cold Air, Walbro 307 HW, Accufab AFPR, RJC PP, Mease Big Neck I/C w/alum Scoop, Dynotech Engineering Aluminum Driveshaft, Metco LCA\'s, Gbodyparts Aluminum Radiator, Aluminum Drums, Braced front and rear, Bilsteins, Spohn Drag Sway Bar, Jim Testa and TurboTweak 100 Oct Chips

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 15 2011, 11:31:10 PM »
No, it should have less pressure drop than yours...

I meant between the stretched ic's.  It may add a little compressor surge to the equation at light throttle...or it may not.  I don't think I have heard anyone comment lately.

When I went to a V4, I picked up some with my TE44.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline QuickWE4

• Bone Stock
    • View Profile
Re: Stretch IC from GN1 Performance - feedback?
« Reply #4 on: June 16 2011, 12:07:30 PM »
Got it - thanks for the clarification on that.  Ok, I'll do some searching around on the stretches to see what I can find.
Rich Cabelo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal