Author Topic: Free day the the shop  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Pyro6

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Free day the the shop
« on: April 02 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
I was planning to run the GN at Cecil today but we got postponed. I'm at the shop (I have two acres, rental apts. from an old Polaris dealership) that has a loading ramp. So I was practicing pool and look out the window to see two teenagers eyeing up my loading ramp (from said prior Polaris dealership) to practice jumping their scooters. So they do the "is anyone looking" thing and start jumping. I watch em to see if they might just jump and leave, but no, they take off their backpacks and sweatshirts, I figure they are here for awhile. I am an avid ATV'er, I've done my share of trespassing and I didn't want to be a hypocrite. So I jotted down on note paper: I ________ on this date 4/2/11 will not hold Gary Schatz or his entities responsible for my injuries while I trespass on his property. Signed _______. I went out and said come here fellas, you understand you are trespassing and what you are doing has a certain amount of danger and I have traffic coming through all the time. They both agreed, signed, and until I got back to practicing pool, I looked and they both were gone!!!!! I think todays youth get yelled enough and I wasn't gonna do that. I just wanted them to think of what they were doing and protecting myself. It's funny, as far as I was concerned they could have stayed. I protected myself and they were good at what they were doing.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Free day the the shop
« Reply #1 on: April 02 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
good for you!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline 87granny

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Free day the the shop
« Reply #2 on: April 04 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
That's cool Gary way to go

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
Free day the the shop
« Reply #3 on: April 04 2011, 05:50:19 PM »
You are correct in understanding the liability involved in case they got hurt on your property.  It is sad, but the parents would probably try and sue you if they had gotten injured.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal