Author Topic: MAF Translator Pro  (Read 7198 times)

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: MAF Translator Pro
« Reply #15 on: August 20 2011, 02:31:28 PM »
I rather enjoy my MAFT Pro; the learning curve sucked.
That's just it. I will have enough going on without having to learn ECM and fueling functions in depth.. I'm sure they are great for those trying to eek out a few tenths or so, or are into that. I'm not in either case.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Turbodave

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21 2011, 07:36:53 AM »
OK, if you don't want to put up with learning how to tune your car that's OK, but no need to badmouth the product, implying there's little to no gain to be had with one.
Especially since you have NO experience with them.

I doubt you're even familiar with all the functions in them.
TurboDave EWCS(SW) USN (Ret.)
Sevierville, TN
Translator Pro;  MAFless fuel, spark, boost and fuel pump management

86 GN(Translator Pro/Extender Pro/w Boost control, PLX WBO2 (original owner)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21 2011, 08:22:24 AM »
Dave, what you fail to realize is that most haven't got the smarts, time or patience to deal with it.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
OK, if you don't want to put up with learning how to tune your car that's OK, but no need to badmouth the product, implying there's little to no gain to be had with one.

I didn't bad mouth anything, I said for my application the gains/benefits would be minimal. As I have said repeatedly, this is a street car, *maybe* seeing the track once or twice per year. MAYBE.

Who said I don't want to tune my car? will be running a Translator (Plus, apparently), I have Powerlogger, Scanmaster, and will be running the latest chip from TT. I can tune my T+, Chip, and will be adding a wide band possibly. Using that logic - we should all be running FAST systems.

Great that you love it, but it's not for everyone, and just because people don't want that level of complexity, it doesn't make them morons.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Turbodave

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21 2011, 11:31:43 AM »

I didn't bad mouth anything, I said for my application the gains/benefits would be minimal. As I have said repeatedly, this is a street car, *maybe* seeing the track once or twice per year. MAYBE.

Who said I don't want to tune my car? will be running a Translator (Plus, apparently), I have Powerlogger, Scanmaster, and will be running the latest chip from TT. I can tune my T+, Chip, and will be adding a wide band possibly. Using that logic - we should all be running FAST systems.

Great that you love it, but it's not for everyone, and just because people don't want that level of complexity, it doesn't make them morons.

Ya, but you don't need a race car to run the Translator Pro.   I quit racing my car several years ago.

But I run the Pro because I wanted to be able to run speed density (mafless) for the flow improvement, and tuning additions.  And the pro has a ton of other features that are handy to have around.  Like fuel pump control, and the nicest one of all is the CLOSED LOOP boost control!! Complete wideband control (if you desire), and if you want to continue to run a MAF the Pro can easilly do that.

It's not as big a hassle as most would lead you to believe.  Mine ran GREAT right out of the box!!

And I enjoy tweaking, so I've got two bin files made, one for speed density, and one for maf.  It litteraly only takes about 30 seconds to switch from one to the other and vice versa.
TurboDave EWCS(SW) USN (Ret.)
Sevierville, TN
Translator Pro;  MAFless fuel, spark, boost and fuel pump management

86 GN(Translator Pro/Extender Pro/w Boost control, PLX WBO2 (original owner)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal