Author Topic: Desert Kings  (Read 1124 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Desert Kings
« on: August 03 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
Watching the series- here's a slightly different perspective:

Reviews via Google Maps:

STOP!!! Save your self a lot of money by not even calling them. They don't know there parts well. I have made two trips out for parts and come to find out they did not have them!! They want wayyyy to much for there parts your better off going to e bay, good mark or year one way cheaper and better parts. I told a friend of mine who is a LT. in the Phoenix police dept. and he told me that he has been out there more then a few times dealing with them screwing customers. So I figured I would try and help warn people so they don't have to go threw the headache and heartaches from these idiots. It is fun redoing an old car and should be save your self the stress and drama. 
         4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful?  Yes - No -  Flag as inappropriate       Response from the owner   Flag as inappropriate   Desert Valley Auto Parts  -    Your response has been published             Camartino ‎ -   29 Apr 2011              They charged me for parts that needed to be pulled off of cars on their lot. That was more than a couple of weeks ago. Now they tell me they can't tell me if the parts have been pulled or shipped or when they might be. What kind of way is that to run a business? 
         5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful?  Yes - No -  Flag as inappropriate       Response from the owner   Flag as inappropriate   Desert Valley Auto Parts  -    Your response has been published            PizaLunchable6 9 ‎ -   8 Feb 2011              Ok place. they quoted me $750 on the phone, reasonable for what I got. 2 other local salvage yards also had the parts i needed, the 1sr wanted $500 for the quarters but the right one was rusting out behind the wheel well and the 2nd insisted on cutting off the whole back end and wanted $1250, screw that. I was not charged to get in which was nice and they got my quarters off the next day even though it was a friday and that said they wouldnt be off until monday. also got a perfect dash pad for my dads Buick for $60, every online retailer wanted at least $150 for it. Overall an ok place and an excuse to take a road trip from MN, haha. By the way, dont expect to get quarters for a 68-72 4 door nova, i got the last good ones. 
         5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful?  Yes - No -  Flag as inappropriate       Response from the owner   Flag as inappropriate   Desert Valley Auto Parts  -    Your response has been published             tom ‎ -   23 Dec 2010              I called them for a price on a part, they quoted me $10 to $35. When i got there, they charged me $2 just to go in and look for the part. Then i found the part, they charged me $45. What a rip off.I was already there and did not want to go somewhere else. I priced this part somewhere else for $20.But this was alot closer. Very unprofessional people. 
         10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful?  Yes - No -  Flag as inappropriate       Response from the owner   Flag as inappropriate   Desert Valley Auto Parts  -    Your response has been published             Jonathon ‎ -   27 Feb 2010              DVAP Biggest rip-offs in the state. If you can find a classic part somewhere else, you should probably do so. Worst customer service I've ever seen in my life. They over price EVERYTHING. These people will seriously charge you $30 for a coil insulator. Just they're website and "restorable classics" say it all. That 68 charger a.k.a. "bondo bucket" for $15000?!?!?! I wouldnt pay $20 for that piece of junk. I got fed up with em. They ship most of their parts over seas cuz nobody here wants to pay em. Shop craiglist or ebay... You'll save hundreds even after shipping!!!!!!!!!! 
         14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful?  Yes - No -  Flag as inappropriate       Response from the owner   Flag as inappropriate   Desert Valley Auto Parts  -    Your response has been published            More reviews (‎2)
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: Desert Kings
« Reply #1 on: August 03 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
That show was mildly entertaining the first 1-2 times I watched it.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Desert Kings
« Reply #2 on: August 04 2011, 09:38:32 AM »
One gets the impression- they don't pay well, don't get the best help, cars are "just good enough" when done.
They never get as much as they hope at their auctions.
A nice contrast to Barrett Jackson absurdity and
an example of something one could achive at home.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal