Author Topic: My first build! Guidance is always welcomed.  (Read 23478 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My first build! Guidance is always welcomed.
« Reply #75 on: November 11 2014, 08:52:58 PM »
The 6466 is a legitimate 9 second turbo with supporting mods. Keep us posted.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 30 2014, 12:05:30 AM »
Well the car is complete, trans is in with all the billet goodies, volt booster, twin nozzles, injectors....d one. Car is running pretty good, blm's are where they need to be. Maybe a little rich leading up to WOT, but will sort that out shortly with some seat time, I'm a little nervous to punch WOT, I've eased into to ¾ throttle to test my boost limits, which I believe I'm able to hold 23-25 psi and that's the lowest I can make it. Getting used to the PTC converter, totally different than the 12 inch converter I had. I've installed an audible knock alarm to help with preventative blow ups. So far the car pulls very strong and I know it's pig rich to boot, and it's only in brief moments that I ease into the peddle. I think before I go any further I need to retorque the head bolts. PS. Porting wastegate hole cured boost issues.
Extnder Extme Chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5, GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, PYPEs Exhaust,210 215 Roller, Morral lifters, PAC springs, port and polished 8445 irons, Tnetics CPT-61 DBB, EVo wastegate, LS1 MAF, GEN2,BHJ, HS rlr rockers

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 30 2014, 07:47:50 AM »
I've tested up to 28 PSI with Jasons biggie puck and porting the wastegate hole...with zero issues. Be absolutely sure the puck swings freely...as mine 'grabbed' on the inside when I installed the larger puck. Had to take the die grinder to the inside of the downpipe to clearance it. Grumpy cracked the 9's with an internally gated downpipe and a 67...so it is possible to get the job done with an internally gated downpipe.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal