Author Topic: Dash trim  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Dash trim
« on: August 22 2016, 12:56:53 PM »
Hey guys, hope someone has an idea where I can find something, checked usual vendors and couldn't find it. I'm looking for the piece of silver trim that goes from the radio pod to the pass door, just over the glove box. On mine a lot of the silver is flaking off and it looks like crap, but I cant find a replacement.

Thanks
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dash trim
« Reply #1 on: August 22 2016, 01:04:46 PM »
Mike Dopkins on the other board. M233roller.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22 2016, 01:28:40 PM »
pull it out and cover it with chrome HVAC tape.  :)

Actually, all jokes aside, even though I've never done that or seen it done, that stuff is SHINY and sticks like crazy.    If you already can't stand the way yours looks it won't hurt to try.

and if you're good with a razor blade, you can dress up the dash vents too. Those borders tend to fade over the decades.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
Silver Sharpie works wonders on the bezels/trim.  When I did the dash vents in my wagon I used "chrome" paint.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22 2016, 02:14:37 PM »
That's what i did to mine too.   ....back in '98.

Been meaning to the HVAC tape since.  The only time I think about it is when I'm in the car, which hasn't been much in the last decade.  lol

'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24 2016, 09:56:07 AM »

Actually, all jokes aside, even though I've never done that or seen it done, that stuff is SHINY and sticks like crazy.    If you already can't stand the way yours looks it won't hurt to try.

and if you're good with a razor blade, you can dress up the dash vents too. Those borders tend to fade over the decades.

Did this and it looks great, good idea!!   :cheers:
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24 2016, 06:11:49 PM »
As much as a roll of that stuff costs you need to do the HVAC vents to remotely justify the cost  :)

....and perhaps some funky fresh chrome pinstripes on the side and top or the car. They think a lot of that stuff, but it is pretty bad ass tape.  I don't know what adhesive they use, but that stuff really sticks.

A couple years ago I thought about making a 'applique kit' for that strip and vents.

I was scared someone would blast me for sending them vent tape!  lol

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25 2016, 11:00:11 AM »
I had some from a furnace install a few years ago :D I dont know how but all my vent trim looks great so I just needed to dress up that stripe. Its a little wrinkly buy 100% better than before  :cheers:

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27 2016, 11:58:17 AM »

Be careful that tape will cut the shit out of your hand.
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal