Author Topic: Savitske Classic & Custom (SC&C) Street Comp II package:  (Read 7215 times)

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Savitske Classic & Custom (SC&C) Street Comp II package:
« on: October 03 2006, 10:18:37 PM »
Ok, just got home from having the SC&C Street Comp II package installed on my 19K mile turbo Buick. For those not familiar with this kit/package, it consists of tubular fully adjustable front upper lightweight control arms of steel and aluminum with the Howe tall upper & lower ball joints.
In addition to about a .75 or 3/4" drop on the front end, it looks trick, dropping the front end of the car just enough to give the car that "Is it or isn't it lowered? look", leaving the observer in suspense. Slight forward rake, just barely noticable, as mentioned above.
No more bump steer: Small and large sweepers (turns, corners) are now more acutely & accurately addressed. Pretty much set the steering wheel and just hold it constant, No more having to readjust the steering in segments of the sweeper as before. Freeway on & off ramps with a curve or turn are now fun again.
Appearance & cosmetics: Good riddance to that unsightlty front factory upper control arm. No more spacers. No more ugly rubber bushings, and no more worrying about when it has been wasted/disintegrated by the the down pipe.
Weight savings: I did not have access to any weight scales, but a definite noticable weight difference.
General overall handling improved noticably.
Cost: $619 + $40 for the lite-weight adjustment arms= $659ish
Downsides: Road vibration: Ever so slight increase in road vibration on road surface irregularities such as freeway sections & some rain grooving.
Howe lower ball joint fit (driver side only) was a little tight.
Brake dust shield on driver side only needed a slight removal of metal for clearance.
Contact Marcus Savitske at Savitske Classic & Custom for further details, or check out their website.
http://www.scandc.com/suspensions.htm#streetcomp2

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Savitske Classic & Custom (SC&C) Street Comp II package:
« Reply #1 on: October 03 2006, 11:11:45 PM »
That sounds awesome. I'd like to try comp I in my S-10.
They don't specifically list an S-10, but most G body parts are the same.
I'm glad that it all worked well for you now that its finished.
 :supz:
Rob

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04 2006, 05:53:24 AM »
Stupid car will never be done, now I am saving & planning on disc brakes all of the way around, & improving on stopping power.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04 2006, 07:56:46 AM »
Sound good Gary.  How bout some pics of the install!!  I really like the Baer disc setup.  12" diameter all the way around.  Made a huge difference.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline granitestategn

• Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04 2006, 07:57:08 AM »
Nice! I checked out the website after seeing it posted here. Nice stuff. I would like to do some front suspension work on my car at some point. I've pretty much put a cap on spending until I get everything I've already bought installed. I need heat in that garage!
87 GN, 97K, original owner, stock turbo, stock IC, 60# inj, Turbotweak 93 chip, some other odds & ends

12.98 @ 104

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04 2006, 08:48:03 PM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:56 am"
Sound good Gary.

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05 2006, 10:18:31 AM »
Yes,  I bought the front/rear setup directly from Baer.  The 12" discs only fit on 16" and larger wheels.  The fronts come with new new spindles.  I don't know what you will require since you have the Street Comp II package.  I have also converted my powercrapper to vacuum.  Once I got the front/rear proportioning setup correctly the brakes work really great.
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 Comp Cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm Accufab Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak 5.7/ Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 23 psig on the street, Puddn' Power engine, Borla Exhaust

Chris

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05 2006, 12:40:15 PM »
We have our race car set up with a knob and pressure
gauges so you can set the bias on the fly.
Rob

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05 2006, 02:31:20 PM »
Racer X, what technicque do you use to set up the proportioning/bias for front/rear brakes?

Chris

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
« Reply #9 on: October 06 2006, 04:44:07 PM »
The only car I have with an adjustment for the brakes is the Cup car. I have a very scientific method I use to set the brakes. I have a knob in the car on the dash.

I set it with some bias to the rear, haul ass down a straight and hit the brakes waiting to see if the rear is going to come around on me.  :bigeyes;  I do this with the left foot; with the right foot at the ready for gas. If I get some fish tail I turn the knob a quarter turn to the front and do it again until the car stops flat.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08 2006, 09:16:58 PM »
Currently: 19K original mike bone stock '87 Buick Turbo-T: Hooker Cat back, Hooker Aerochamber muffs, Red Armstrong shorty hollow cat, Terry Houston down pipe, Walbro 340 & hotwire kit, Limit Engineering TA-49, Race Jace Power Plate, complete set of Race Jace solid black anodized lightweight pullies, Accufab adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 160

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08 2006, 09:36:47 PM »
Gary, I hate to tell you but your car is not "bone stock" anymore!  Looks awesome BTW! :supz:

Chris

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08 2006, 10:11:03 PM »
Quote from: "Top Speed @ Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:36 pm"
Gary, I hate to tell you but your car is not "bone stock" anymore!

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
« Reply #13 on: October 09 2006, 06:52:10 AM »
despite our diferences...w hich everyone has....you have a mighty fine car that I'd like to own one day. Kudos on your approach!
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09 2006, 02:21:29 PM »
Quote from: "Be4u @ Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 am"
despite our diferences...w hich everyone has....you have a mighty fine car that I'd like to own one day. Kudos on your approach!

--------------------------
Be4u; If I have ever wronged you, I apologize. I do have to cop to the fact that I am old, narrow minded, set in my ways, and basically just not an easily liked person. However, I am proud of the way that the car is finally coming along. Besides that, I have already forgotten what the differences were or were about. That's what old age does for you. Many thanks for the props for the car.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal