Author Topic: Reply to Ed's comments in the Shout Box  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Reply to Ed's comments in the Shout Box
« on: November 20 2022, 09:47:34 AM »
I am having problems with the Shout Box.  Forgot what I did to fix it a few weeks ago LOL

Yep, lost me there.  If industry controlled government, industry would not have largely moved overseas to take advantage of cheaper industry and cheaper taxation with reduced environmental controls.    Speaking of the US in particular.  Government is by far the largest employer in the US.  Walmart is the largest private employer but it is dwarfed by the federal government and who knows what the total state governments and local governments total.

It would be far more correct to say government is run by Labor than by industry.

Echoing, Ed, there will be no change until government service on the elected level is limited by term limits, laws that prohibit private money from purchasing government loyalty,  and strict laws enforced against investment in private industry while in office.

The Right is just as corrupt as the Left and has not changed a damn thing while in office.  All these links to the "Facts" as presented from some idiot with a Rightist viewpoint are not more factual than any Leftist source.  They are all trying to find celebrity and wealth amongst the competition as well as power.  Ignorance is rampant on all sides but that has never stopped anyone from seeking power. 

Let's face it, believing Ford's ascent to the presidency has anything to do with Kamala Harris is an example of how poorly the American electorate is equipped to participate in the election of it's leaders.  Education derived from the news media has to be some kind of oxymoron.  Anyone who forms opinions from YouTube, Tic Tok, Trump Media, the BBC, NPR, or the seemingly majority of institutions of learning should not be allowed to vote as ignorance emanates from such.

At the age of 250, America is pretty much dead and the Communist world has not had to drop a bomb on it.  We have marched to defeat on our own two feet.

Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Reply to Ed's comments in the Shout Box
« Reply #1 on: November 20 2022, 10:37:26 AM »
The right is corrupt as the left. Look no further than Ukraine/FTX where both sides took kick backs.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Online reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20 2022, 10:51:28 AM »
 I guess I was referring to campaign contributions when I said that. and get who they can ''control'' voted in.
Industry includes foreign industry, and even US has foreign holdings and it's cheaper to make stuff outside of the US , so higher profit's. All about the bucks again.
People will always buy the cheapest, that's just life. Industry in the US just can't compete.
Propping up the economy by counterfeiting money sure does'nt help either.
1%ers rule the world and the US and Canadian governments.
Like it or not it's a WORLD economy now and protected economies just won't work.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20 2022, 10:58:03 AM »
Here's a recent example. Gov Abbott buses thousands of  illegals to NYC.  The local govt here feeds them, puts them in hotels and buys them all a new clothes and they all get free Ipads.. The State sets them up with public assistance and Snap plus a $1000 money card. A family of 4 would get $800 a month for snap and $1100 a month public assistance card.  They all qualify for free sec 8 housing. Now Schumer wants to fast track citizenship for 11 million of them. So who do you think they will vote for? Also just before the midterm elections our gov Hochul  added  a 40% increase across the board for Snap and a extra $100 lump sum payments the last week of the month just in case you spent all your free money.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

Online reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20 2022, 11:08:25 AM »
I am not saying it's right or wrong  but that stimulates the economy. A trillion bucks ''in the bank'' does nothing.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20 2022, 11:13:03 AM »
Putting them and others out of work on WPA projects would be a better idea.  Maybe cheaper and more results that can be seen.
ED BAKER
BPG#1458

Offline wmsonta

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: -1
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20 2022, 11:24:23 AM »
The right is... the left. Look no further.......
Facts. A yearly budget is a Constitutional requirement. We have not have a budget since 2008. We have had 'continuing resolutions' twice(?) yearly ever since '08. None of these could have pasted w/o bipartisan support. Why? The largest budget in world history. Larger than any war budget. Unbelievably, this amount is REQUIRED.
Any perceived reasoning for affiliation with one of the 'parties', just proves Bonhoeffer correct. The number of hoaxes perpetrated to launder taxpayer dollars exceeds my patience to list.

History instructs, but you can always find work rearranging deck chairs.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20 2022, 12:36:36 PM »
The anti-trust laws have to be applied to the so-called news media.

Gannett owns the nearest news paper.  It is listed as a centrist news agency by Wiki....  It might be center of the left but it does not represent the center of the country.  Based out of Virginia, it owns newspapers like the U.S. Today and blasts a steady stream of b.s.

NBC should not be allowed to own spin offs like MSNBC and so on. 

Even Fox has such distorted commentators that I only read the newsfeed.  I don't believe anything that Hannity says.  Those guys are all ego driven and make big bucks catering to the gullible.  Just report the news without repackaging it to make it entertaining to their followers.   All the  so called truthful news media are in it to make big bucks and get invited to the right parties so they can feel important.
Steve Wood

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20 2022, 12:37:20 PM »
Putting them and others out of work on WPA projects would be a better idea.  Maybe cheaper and more results that can be seen.

yep!
Steve Wood

Online reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20 2022, 03:20:55 PM »

yep!

How will displacing workers help? Who funds the projects?
I will admit I don't know a lot about the WPA
https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/works-progress-administration

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20 2022, 05:20:56 PM »
I think Ed had a typo.  Putting them out to work on public work projects and paying them with government money is better than putting them into housing, doing nothing, but drawing benefits to sit around on government money.

During the great depression, the WPA built schools, roads, bridges and such with people that could not find a job.  Many of these projects are just now being replaced.

People who have skills seem to soon find jobs if they are not allowed to sit around.  Cities are filled with deadbeat well fare cases-some of who are into the fourth generation of not working.  It is not uncommon for these professional welfare deadbeats to protest putting immigrants to work as they see it as money they should be collecting to sit.  Welfare employees often spend their time teaching these deadbeats how to collect maximum benefits.
Steve Wood

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20 2022, 05:24:41 PM »
Steve
"NBC should not be allowed to own spin offs like MSNBC and so on.
Even Fox has such distorted commentators that I only read the newsfeed.  I don't believe anything that Hannity says.  Those guys are all ego driven and make big bucks catering to the gullible.  Just report the news without repackaging it to make it entertaining to their followers.   All the so called truthful news media are in it to make big bucks and get invited to the right parties so they can feel important."

This is the reason I just can't force myself to watch the news or any of the Know It All talking heads on Twit Twat etc. I will Read some of the news but No Way I will listen to Any of them tell me how smart they are & what I should think!  :013:
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20 2022, 05:54:32 PM »
Exactly!
Steve Wood

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20 2022, 06:03:26 PM »
Thanks Steve, That was a typo.  Fingers and brain need a alignment.   Also back in the 1930's they had Civilian Conservation Corps paid by the Govt to build roads, parks and military bases. They also backed up the forest services. My uncle was part of it up to WW2 then got drafted. Lots of ways to use govt/tax money other then unconditional free handouts.
ED BAKER
BPG#1458

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal