Author Topic: Charlie's memorial service  (Read 4313 times)

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Charlie's memorial service
« on: November 07 2016, 01:17:08 AM »
Just figured I'd post this here.  I don't really post or keep up on the other tb boards anymore.

I'm really glad I went.  Sometimes it's just good to up and get out and go away from the daily grind, even if it is for a sad circumstance.
There was a pretty good amount of people there, but I'm sure with it being on a Sunday afternoon made it difficult for alot of people that wanted to come from afar. I think it would have made charlie happy to know there was  people from the forums that came from several states away to pay their respects.
It was kind of surreal to hear the minister mention the Buick boards during his sermon. I thought that was really neat though.  The reverand, most likely not knowing charlie, obviously did some research on charlie and pointed out how much charlie was liked and his love for helping others all over the states that he never even met (like me).  I remember Charlie's sister mentioning she looked at some of the turbobuick websites and I jokingly said that is alot of minutes of your life your not going to get back, lol! I was referencing to alot of the drivel that goes on (which I most certainly never contribute to :D)
Charlie's sister was a very nice person.  Such a wonderful caring spirit about her.  I have never met charlie, so I'm just going to remember him partially, through his sister, as I am sure he had the same kind of aura.
There was a slide show at the reception.  Pictures of charlie throughout the years and even a couple with his 82 gn :(
I think charlie would have been happy to know there where turbobuicks in the parking lot.  Along with some tech talk, etc.  We talked about the boards at the reception, members, etc.. was good meeting pyro6, I had no idea he was from the north east.  I make no secret about being a Steve Wood fan and asked if he was there.  I can't remember who it was but I remember reply was "I don't think Steve ever leaves his compound", lol.  (It would have been great to see you steve)

Listen, I straight up admit I get to be a emotional guy sometimes, I get it from my father, whom I love very much, so screw off! Lol.  But I have to say this...and if it's out of line, then Mark can delete it.

With charlie seemingly very level headed in his post over the years..what could have made him decide to make his exit, like he did?
In my mind, with what very little info i have to go on...the whole drive down to Texas I had concluded that maybe some irreversible  health issues had came about and maybe that was the cause.  I was thinking that based upon what kristina (gngal) told me him being in such great amount of pain and walking with a Cain earlier this year when she met him on the power tour.
But, in addition, hearing a couple things amongst conversation from those that did know him fairly well,, and I can't remember enough to exactly quote them...but one that really stands out to me is "owed money to him, and money owed, along with many other things adding on".  When I heard that, it rerouted my thoughts in a differant direction.  Cause, I get it, I truly do.
10-15 years ago (and believe me, I'm not much any smarter now than I was then), but I would have a differant opinion about folks that chose that route.  I choose to look from a more open mind now.
I've had a rough year.  My best friend since Jr high was shot and killed a few months ago, along with a guy I went to school with (didn't know him that well). Things like this change a person.
I don't want to discuss or hear details about or surrounding Charlie's death, but Ive wrote this much because i want to make this point.
Driving back home that night a vision/dream/thought appeared in my head of that day charlie left us.  It's almost like I can see God reaching down to charlie as charlie was reaching up and the Lord said "Charlie, I would have preferred you not have done that, but I know you, as no one else knows you, so welcome home".

Godspeed Charlie

When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline Be4u

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/400586
Re: Charlie's memorial service
« Reply #1 on: November 07 2016, 02:28:19 AM »
Godspeed
Save the bumper fillers!
Move to Canadia!

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07 2016, 08:59:21 AM »
You're a good dude Aaron. Some may disagree, but I believe everyone has a purpose and He has a plan for that purpose.  Was it Charlie's purpose to affect folks the way he has?  I can't answer that and no one else can either. He did have an impact on the Buick community but there is a real world outside of the Internet.

Having spent some time with Charlie, yes, there were some off hand comments that stuck out as "what the hell is that supposed to mean?" But I can also assure you that offers were made to Charlie that he didn't accept. 

I guess I can add another question for the big guy upstairs. Why is it that folks who need help the most, won't accept any help at all?

Shane, and that goes for anybody else, if you need to talk gimme a shout 907-347-0125. I may not answer right away but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Also, when I'm back in O'Fallon for recurrent training, expect a shout out from me so I can see your car and we can get some dinner.
« Last Edit: November 11 2016, 09:06:14 PM by good2win22 »
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07 2016, 09:39:42 AM »
It was great to meet you, ms. Kristina, and Gary(pyro6).

It is hard, for me at least, to understand taking "that way out" but we don't know the mind set, circumstances or just where he was physically, so I chalked it up to it happens. Not to make it seem light but I have learned over the years you cant control other people.

I like to take the quote from the movie "Meet the Robinsons" and "Keep moving forward".
Hopefully the lives that his donated organs save will have an impact.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07 2016, 03:38:32 PM »
He was a good guy.  The last time we spoke he mentioned having to carry a gun at all times.  I just assumed it was from the girl in the abusive relationship he was attempting to help. Could have been anything though. He had a lot of irons in the fire.

I don't know the exact reason (as none of us do) but sometimes when all the good dancers have left, it's OK to leave the strip club a little early.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07 2016, 05:22:17 PM »

Driving back home that night a vision/dream/thought appeared in my head of that day charlie left us.  It's almost like I can see God reaching down to charlie as charlie was reaching up and the Lord said "Charlie, I would have preferred you not have done that, but I know you, as no one else knows you, so welcome home".

Godspeed Charlie
tb3

Sometimes good things come from terrible situations. Meeting all of you that day was special and so was TB3's post
Pyro6
« Last Edit: November 08 2016, 05:58:42 PM by Pyro6 »

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07 2016, 07:42:15 PM »
That is awesome that all you guys went and showed your support!  I'm sure Charlie was looking down and smiling.  Very sad situation but sometimes seeing all those supporting faces puts a smile on your face.

Listen, I straight up admit I get to be a emotional guy sometimes, I get it from my father, whom I love very much, so screw off! Lol.  But I have to say this...and if it's out of line, then Mark can delete it.

With charlie seemingly very level headed in his post over the years..what could have made him decide to make his exit, like he did?
In my mind, with what very little info i have to go on...the whole drive down to Texas I had concluded that maybe some irreversible  health issues had came about and maybe that was the cause.  I was thinking that based upon what kristina (gngal) told me him being in such great amount of pain and walking with a Cain earlier this year when she met him on the power tour.
But, in addition, hearing a couple things amongst conversation from those that did know him fairly well,, and I can't remember enough to exactly quote them...but one that really stands out to me is "owed money to him, and money owed, along with many other things adding on".  When I heard that, it rerouted my thoughts in a differant direction.  Cause, I get it, I truly do.
10-15 years ago (and believe me, I'm not much any smarter now than I was then), but I would have a differant opinion about folks that chose that route.  I choose to look from a more open mind now.
I've had a rough year.  My best friend since Jr high was shot and killed a few months ago, along with a guy I went to school with (didn't know him that well). Things like this change a person.

I know where you are coming from, Charlie seemed like a really good guy and always helpful.  It was very shocking to hear.  Suicide can be tough.  I had a close friend kill himself in front of a  group of friends when I was 21.  It is funny how you remember every single thing you did that day.  You just keep wishing you could help. :cheers:

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10 2016, 11:05:26 AM »
Nice to see that "Going Fast with Class" still means something - it is interesting to hear how the information age transcends people's perception of what constitutes friendship and community.  Your friends are almost always like-minded, and who would want to associate with anyone less anyway?

Good on you all for making the trek to say farewell.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10 2016, 06:01:33 PM »
Definitely good to see the Buick Boys & Girls show up for all of us. Thanks!
Maybe you can put some names to the faces?   
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10 2016, 10:31:33 PM »
Definitely good to see the Buick Boys & Girls show up for all of us. Thanks!
Maybe you can put some names to the faces?
Starting from the left is me, Gary, Christina, Aaron and Rich.

Edit:  My apologies to Aaron. I am horrible with names. I think I got mixed up because we were talking about that dude named Shane on the big board. I edited both posts to make it right. Please forgive me
« Last Edit: November 11 2016, 09:10:39 PM by good2win22 »
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10 2016, 10:58:55 PM »
Jason what is that big hard long thing between your legs?
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11 2016, 07:51:51 AM »
Jason what is that big hard long thing between your legs?
LOL!
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12 2016, 06:09:37 PM »
And just to make you feel worse it is {K}ristina
 :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT: Won't be able to use one of those without thinking of Charlie, he would append them everytime he felt he had forum_bitch_sl apped me.  :(

« Last Edit: November 12 2016, 06:14:13 PM by daveismissing »
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12 2016, 06:29:55 PM »
And just to make you feel worse it is {K}ristina
 :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT: Won't be able to use one of those without thinking of Charlie, he would append them everytime he felt he had forum_bitch_sl apped me.  :(
You'd think I would remember her name but we weren't wearing name tags...
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal