Author Topic: So the GF says I have an obsession  (Read 12432 times)

Offline Jeff

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
  • The Thread Killer....
    • View Profile
Re: So the GF says I have an obsession
« Reply #15 on: August 27 2013, 10:18:18 PM »
she doesnt mind the car hobby but when its taking a perfect running car and throwing $ into it it becomes a problem. lol she doesnt have hobbies really. oh wait its saving  money and mine sees to be spending it hahahaha least im spending mine :tongue

Offline TRICKSIXPA

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Shiny Parts Addict!
    • View Profile
So the GF says I have an obsession
« Reply #16 on: August 28 2013, 12:41:14 PM »
I got one in the garage and two in the driveway right now. As the wife says its not like I'm going out drinking, going to bars, strip clubs and doing whatever. I'm just having an affair with some black girls nothing wrong with that. I got kids got the house and know how to pay my bills and be a good father. If she understands that I like playing with the cars and supports it. I know I have a great wife.
I don't care What Congress does as long as they don't do it on the streets and scare the kids!!

Offline Nasty Wendy

• Turbo Street Stock
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
Look at this at a way to get through to her.  If you can't then maybe you should reconsider that proposal.  We are who we are and if there is a fundamental difference that makes living together peacefully and happily impossible then ......
Now if you aren't neglecting anything then she should understand.  If you are neglecting things to work on or spend money on your car then she has a valid point.  Assuming you have everything in order and aren't neglecting anything then you need to let her know that doing this is what makes you happy.  Tell her she needs to look at it as the price of your happiness not car parts and YOU are willing to pay it.  Tell her if she wants to add to your happiness that she shouldn't buy you that sweater for your birthday but a nice set of plug wires with an NOS4GN coil pack and ignition module would be a Fukin' Killer gift.  Then when you have the car running the way you want it, put her in the passenger seat and tape a blank check to the dash in front of her.  Tell her that if she can grab the check when you take off that she can write it for whatever she wants and deposit into a joint account and you'll never use that money for car parts. :D   Then pin her ass so far into the seat that her lips start to unwrap from around her teeth. :icon_lol:   

Make sure the passenger seat is slid as far back as it will go so she would have to lean forward to reach the check.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30 2013, 06:45:21 PM »
When I got divorced I made damn good and sure that the next one...if there was gonna be one...made more money than me and was into cars. This ones an RN...with the added bonus of having a large set of plastic hooters to keep me occupied when I'm not at the track. Oh...and she's into cars...as you can see by my sig.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31 2013, 04:18:31 PM »
Anyways her being an accountant sees this is a waste of money.

Who asked her?

I don't go into the kitchen and tell her how to cook, she doesn't come to the garage and tell me how to work on my stuff. We do discuss budget and what we are going to spend. She knows I am a cheapskate and do things on a pretty tight budget and she will do the same. But I draw the line at tools and equipment. She has a fairly new front load washer and an even newer dryer and neither were inexpensive. We are scoping out a new fridge as the current one is over 10 and the door seal isn't gettin it done. A new dishwasher is on the horizon too. SO the car hobby get pushed back.

Now I did spend a little over a Benjamin on a new distributor for the daily last week. It quit running and she probably didn't want to get up to take me to work or come pick me up in the afternoon either so that got spent. It probably saved us a few hundred by me doing it myself.

Point is you must get along or you will be miserable. I've had the cars years longer than we've been together and I'm  not planning on getting rid of them anytime soon. Life is too short to live with a crybaby for a mate. Find the next one, she ain't gonna change.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline YGspider

• The Turbo Geek
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • 87 Turbo T
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Woman can be replaced..... Buicks on the other hand can not be replaced as easily. And if your not married why dose she care so fucken much about your cash?
Stratman: Is it even running?

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02 2013, 07:31:57 PM »
I kept my cars through many difficult women, and my wife knows this.  Rather than being unsupportive she participated.  Do we have agreed upon limits for my monthly spending, a budget or allowance? Yes.

Let's put it this way, she supported me going on the Power Tour with my brother "because it was important to me" (her words).  She is encouraging me to build a car for Drag Week and go with my brother "because it is important to me" (again her words).  Hell she wants us to build a car for the Targa Newfoundland, and wants to navigate it because she wants to be involved.

To put things into relative perspective: I gave her a kid, our beautiful daughter, this year because it was important to her; and there will be a second one in a year or so.  Do you know what kids cost these days?  When we are done I will look back and say: I think we should have named named them Lamborghini and Ferrari - because that is about what they cost us.

We don't fight about the money and time spent on my hobby (too often) because it is for the good of the family.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03 2013, 11:33:51 AM »
Do you know what kids cost these days? 

My wife and I have four children, so Is have to say, yes, I do know what kids cost.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal