Author Topic: New Kindles  (Read 3799 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
New Kindles
« on: May 18 2012, 03:11:54 PM »
Amazon.com Inc will launch new versions of its Kindle e-reader and tablet, including a monochrome e-reader with front lighting, a source who has seen the prototype told Reuters.

The world's largest Internet retailer is aiming to have the new e-reader in stores in July, said the source, who has direct knowledge of the matter but asked not to be named because Amazon has not yet made the decision public.

Amazon has been ramping up production of the new Kindle, which will run on E Ink's display, the source said.

Kindle Fire 2 specs might be thin on the ground but more sneaky sources have come forward – this time to Reuters – to suggest that Amazon will launch the tab in the US around Christmas 2012 with a 8.9in display.

So it won't be such a compact powerhouse to slip into roomy pockets – but Amazon is probably hoping the Kindle Fire 2 will become the only media consumption device you'll ever need.

It remains to be seen just how cheap Amazon can flog the Kindle Fire 2 for but since the company rakes in so much cash from ebook sales and video streaming, we've got high hopes for something under £200, i.e around the US$300 mark.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: New Kindles
« Reply #1 on: May 18 2012, 03:35:56 PM »
I just bought the Wife  a Fire, and my Mom a standard Kindle.  They love them!
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal