Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Auto Tech / Re: nocooler's firechicken thread
« Last post by Scoobum on July 26 2024, 10:12:39 AM »
Jeremy, grab a cheapass trailer like I had. Came from Indiana. Got it for 6 grand at zero percent interest at the time. I never worried about blowing the car up cuz I could shove it on the trailer and bring it home. If you only hit the track occasioanlly, then Uhaul is the hot ticket to rent a trailer. Trailer I had was 20 foot. The original tires were nylon. Only lasted a season. Keep an eye on that when buying.
IHADAV8 Playground / Re: My old SS396
« Last post by Steve Wood on July 24 2024, 06:48:39 PM »
and

IHADAV8 Playground / My old SS396
« Last post by Steve Wood on July 24 2024, 06:47:02 PM »
Now has 800 hp of LS

IHADAV8 Playground / Re: Kirban?
« Last post by reality on July 24 2024, 02:40:15 PM »
Kirban Nitely Random Scattered Thoughts to both GTO/Buick forums......I appreciate all the "congrats" and notes that have been posted on the various forums on my recent induction into the Pontiac Hall of Fame.   I am picking up my trophy tomorrow at Pypes headquarters.  The plan is to make a short video for the Pontiac Hall of Fame website.
I have one office size room in our house that contains some of the rarest GTO-Hurst-Turbo Regal items that I have collected over the years.  I attempted early on to post under each persons post congrats, but there is was so many I figure it would be easier to tip my hat to everyone in one nitely random scattered posts for fear I would "miss" someone.
A bit of a downer for me tonite  as one of our 3 cats the elderly one of the group a Main Coon cat is coming to the end of her life.  They sleep in my heated pole building and patrol the premises.  She showed up at our house by chance maybe 15 years ago as a stray.  The sweetest disposition in a cat I have owned.  If you are a pet owner need I say more.
Again without you as a customer over the years I would never have gotten this award.  I been asked by a few does Buick have a Hall of Fame?   I have no idea.  Corvette does and I believe Chevrolet also has one.
Again to one and all I am extremely grateful to acquire the votes needed to get this award.    Got a cool story about some Buick history that crosses over to Pontiac as well  I just found out one of my customers father was a white shirt guy at Delco in the 1960s and 1970s and is credited with making two critical parts.  One that GM would later sell the patent to Ford and Chrysler around 1971.   I never realized the big 3 would do deals like this. More proof we can all get along.......hi s creation is found on ever 1984-1987 Regal turbo and non turbo.  Care to guess?  Clue car takes a total of 4!!!!!
Your Health is Your Wealth and again "Thanz"
General Buick Tech / Re: Update on future build
« Last post by phil_long on July 23 2024, 02:37:42 PM »
Yeah I believe that I have been overtightening them. I'm going to purchase a torque wrench so I can ensure they are all the same. I have to do the same for the tranny pan as well. It's never ending
« Last post by Steve Wood on July 23 2024, 01:20:49 PM »
Don't over tighten the covers and make sure they are the actual leak.
« Last post by phil_long on July 23 2024, 08:53:32 AM »
I couldnt agree more!! Now i have to figure out what I unplugged because this buffer module is not sending that signal needed for proper lockup functionality to the ECM. I unplugged the original VSS and connected Casper's module up, and according to the instructions, the LED is supposed to blink to verify proper operation. I've attached a drill to the end of the sender to spin it manually and I'm still not getting a blink on the module to verify the signal is being sent. I'm also getting a code 24 which I expect to get since the speedo cable is now removed. I installed a custom dash and I have to find what wire got unplugged. I'll double check the condition of the plug on the car. Maybe a pin isn't seated properly or something.

https://www.installationinstructions.com/102162.pdf

My next task is to retorque the heads to the proper requirements and find a way to stop these valve covers from leaking. I'll be on my way to Texas after that Lol
« Last post by Steve Wood on July 19 2024, 09:31:55 AM »
It's a great feeling when car dreams become reality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal