Author Topic: Im still alive rob  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Turbogn86

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Im still alive rob
« on: September 07 2006, 03:52:48 AM »
well since rob has told me im being a stranger latly and havent spoken to anyone in a while i figured i would update everyone...

As i was talking about a while back i finaly got the motor back together after the cam failure i had... went with the cam that 83ttype(i think) recomended me, its been a while, but after i forgot the prime the oil pump  :redfaced;  my crank spun a bearing somthing horrid the 2nd day i had it running. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i dropped the oil pan, yanked the crank out, and took it up to get checked. well with my great luck that i am blessed with, its out of specs and cant be turned. so i am in the process of finding another crank, considering the stroker crank only because the motor iscomming out anyways because the rods need machining and such. so in the mean time i have bought a POS 86' TA with some bo bo johnson ghetto rigged 350  :supz:  and of course it had a cracked head so yea, i paid 50$ for a set and 250$ to get them machined. pics soon. but while im here what do yall think of the new stroker kits out there? any of them worth a shit? im looking for streetable power... and gas is falling like crazy so gass milage can go off the wall for all i care... lol its down to 2.34 for reg and like 2.54 for premium so yea...
86 GN-sold
87 WE4 (Daily Driver)

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Im still alive rob
« Reply #1 on: September 21 2006, 11:59:42 PM »
Hey, its good to see ya back. I've been hearing that some of the stroker cranks
are having clearance issues, but I haven't been able to confirm that. You may
be in for more machine work than you may expect. You'll also need to have it re-balanced as well.
Rob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal