Author Topic: Final few parts fo GN  (Read 4625 times)

Offline HarryK

• PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Final few parts fo GN
« on: August 12 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
Hello everyone.  Longtime GN board member on past other boards, now inactive I presume.  Anyway, hope everyone is well and has enjoyed their years with these vehicles. I've had three in my lifetime and cared for them and worked on them and drove them to my utmost enjoyment.  I've retired and have a couple of things left from my years with them.  If anyone can let me know what these parts are worth as I have been out of the game for 15 years!
I have a NOS 87 hood blanket insulator new in cardboard and a couple of miscellaneous under hood items as seen in photo.
Thanks for the help! 

Harry K.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Final few parts fo GN
« Reply #1 on: August 13 2020, 09:42:17 AM »
Harry, the headers might be worth a couple of hundred if they are not cracked.

Did you get rid of your cars or just cleaning out the shop?
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline HarryK

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14 2020, 11:34:20 AM »
Hello Steve, yes cars are long gone...kids are grown...
Not sure how to check for cracks I will look them over, I remember the manifold crack problem on passenger side?  Anyway. I was planning on going to car show lol...to see if anyone would give me decent price for the GN hood insulator.  Had it as a spare and I remember it turned into a sought after item.
Good to see you here I dont know if we've ever had conversations online.  I'm from Massachusetts and go way back to the gnttype.org days!
Harry

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14 2020, 05:20:40 PM »
Harry, I missed that hood insulator, that is worth some bucks these days...several hundred bucks as I recall
Steve Wood

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14 2020, 05:39:37 PM »
New hood pad is worth some $$ I did a quick look at Highway Stars & they're not listed. Maybe G Body has them but they won't be NOS stuff. 
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14 2020, 08:14:12 PM »
Kirbans sell reproduction 8 hole not correct 9 hole & No wording printed on it for $300 so if yours is NOS it's worth some decent $$.
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14 2020, 08:16:27 PM »
Forgot no copy & paste or it shrinks down but Kirbans sells repro 8 hole not correct 9 hole & No wording on it for $300 plus so if you have NOS then it's worth some pretty decent $$
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88

Offline HarryK

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15 2020, 01:11:58 PM »
Sounds good...Yes it's in the cardboard container from GM.  Waiting for a vaccine so they'll have car swap meets again!It'll be good to walk around and see if the GNs are holding their own today.  All 3 of mine were 87s..over a period of 20 years or so.I actually ordered one new from Buick when they came out. Nobody knew what they were.  $15,500 in my late 20s.  Sold it to buy a house. Didnt really make anything on it. It was pristine!

Then life's twists and turns found one with 22K miles on it about 20 years ago...sold that after divorce...then finally a last hurrah about 10 years ago foundone for $4500 with 155K miles on it...decent shape.  Worked on it and polished it...exhaust, sensors, brakes, cosmetic items...never raced or modified them.Always stock...such classy cars....Sold it when I moved years ago.

So much has happened in the interim...very good to see they're still appreciated on this board..found it by accident...can't believe TurboBuick and others ones now idle...Also had a local garage who specialized in TRs next to my town back then in Agawam MA.  Don't know if you guys remember him. Joe Cotton maybe? Don't remember well..  Thanks for help withthe parts!
Harry K.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15 2020, 04:34:22 PM »
Jack Cotton.  He is still active in the Buick world.  His son runs it now, I believe.

Face Book has largely taken over the Buick world, it seems
Steve Wood

Offline Chrisssssssss

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11 2020, 04:22:00 AM »
Hey Harryk I am in need of a hood pad. When my car was parked, mice ended up burrowing into mine which was a decent one to begin with but not so much now. Let me know how much you want for it. I live in Canada and shipping and exchange will be deadly but either way let me know what you can do as i suppose I need to bite the bullet and get a new one. Pm me directly if you would like and we can go from there.

Thanks
Chris 86 GN

Offline 3turbos

• Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25 2020, 08:07:47 AM »
Hello Harry K;
I’m also from Massachusetts and not too far from you.  I’ve had my cars at Jack Cotton’s several times, he and his son Brian are great.  Is that hood pad still available?  I’m in driving distance to view and possibly work out a deal.
Please send private message to discuss.

thanks
Doug
87 GN, 87 WE4, 87 T-Type

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal