Author Topic: Saying good bye to my GN  (Read 19221 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Saying good bye
« Reply #45 on: October 02 2018, 05:05:32 PM »
I wonder if they'd give you $1 less than the magic number that totals it out (and leaves the title alone).

...or if those numbers would jibe. 

If it's a small monetary hit, it might be worth it to keep the title unbranded.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Pyro6

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02 2018, 05:39:56 PM »
I don't know Earl, I didn't get the impression they were interested in negotiating. And after this last month I don't know if i could take it. I've fielded so many opinions about the whole thing, this solution is a godsend.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04 2018, 02:51:55 PM »
It would be less money out of pocket for them and they wouldn't have to screw with the titlework. They might make it easy on you (if it's even possible).

Then again, if they think your car is a regular Regal, $1 less would be $49 or $99 to you.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline bullnerd

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
I'm glad we talked you into keeping it.  :cheers:

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05 2018, 06:59:13 AM »
Negotiating is all they are interested in. The other scenario that they like is when their "customer" takes the low ball offer and keeps paying them the "insure" the next thing. That is the win -win for them . Bust their balls they need it.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05 2018, 07:48:10 AM »
I wonder if they'd give you $1 less than the magic number that totals it out (and leaves the title alone).

NOT happening. Insurance co protecting themselves. Well around here (NE area) anyway

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11 2018, 10:24:25 PM »
I got the salvage title in the mail and scanned it to the insurance company immediately, as instructed,  only to receive an automated reply the adjuster won't be back in until Monday. So me and the Eagle are going to Hershey tomorrow to unwind. Jay Leno just might be there.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #52 on: October 12 2018, 11:51:09 AM »
Ask Jay if I can drive one of his Steamers!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12 2018, 06:04:27 PM »
He's doing a show at the American Music Theater near me. They say he scheduled it specifically so he could go to Hershey. I must have just missed him, he was driving around in a Stanley Steamer in the area I was looking for a 58 Chev for a friend. I have pictures on FB from a friend of a friend. I'll try to put them up here.
« Last Edit: October 12 2018, 06:11:45 PM by Pyro6 »

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09 2019, 01:27:22 PM »
I'm posting this for an update and to save myself embarrassment. As most here probably know Jason has bought the GN (herein known as Black Phoenix) and will give it a better home than I could anyway. What most of you don't understand is the value insurance money I had on her is almost depleted to engineer and attorney fees. I wrestled with letting her go and watching her peeled away to reveal the half assed things I did to keep her on the track, I could have taken the value insurance and saved the embarrassment. So now that time has passed, go ahead and beat me up (jokingly). I never had any intentions to make her a street or show piece. We had Thomas bracket race at Maple Grove in a Jr. Dragster since he was 9 and we made the poor decision of trying to continue the hobby in a GN. We loved the Maple Grove track life, the Buick track life and all that goes with it. We made friends in MAGNA that more than likely we won't see anymore. I will continue to follow here though, because I've met so many of you and get a kick out of the humor. I don't have any more turbo cars but still have two supercharged cars, so I feel I still qualify. I'll be 62 in June, fireworks are still my main passion but I'm excited to see Jason's relentless energy bring the Black Phoenix to life.
« Last Edit: February 09 2019, 03:12:03 PM by Pyro6 »

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09 2019, 01:38:12 PM »
I'm posting this for an update and to save myself embarrassment. As most here probably know Jason has bought the GN (herein known as Black Phoenix) and will give it a better home than I could anyway. What most of you don't understand is the value insurance money I had on her is almost depleted to engineer and attorney fees. I wrestled with letting her go and watching her peeled away to reveal the half assed things I did to keep her on the track, I could have taken the value insurance and saved the embarrassment. So now that time has passed, go ahead and beat me up. I never had any intentions to make her a street or show piece. We had Thomas bracket race at Maple Grove in a Jr. Dragster since he was 9 and we made the poor decision of trying to continue the hobby in a GN. We loved the Maple Grove track life, the Buick track life and all that goes with it. We made friends in MAGNA that more than likely we won't see anymore. I took the Rivvy to Cecil and got more BS than anything so that part is history. I will continue to follow here though, because I've met so many of you and get a kick out of the humor. I don't have any more turbo cars but still have two supercharged cars, so I feel I still qualify. I'll be 62 in June, fireworks are still my main passion but I'm excited to see Jason's relentless energy bring the Black Phoenix to life.
I never had one intention of beating you up or embarrassing you Gary.  That car had a purpose for you and your family. Without it, I never would have met you. I like to think of the car as having a new purpose now that’s all.
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09 2019, 01:49:01 PM »
We had Thomas bracket race at Maple Grove in a Jr. Dragster since he was 9 and we made the poor decision of trying to continue the hobby in a GN. We loved the Maple Grove track life, the Buick track life and all that goes with it.
Reality check... that was yesterday an yesterdays GONE !! Don't dwell on anything! Life is way to short. You had fun with the car and thats it. Hell ya still have other cars Thomas can play with. You don't owe any explanation to anyone.. Lighten up an laugh at this post. Hell Melissa started in 1994 racing. I didn't race again till a few years ago.. I actually have more fun watching her an Russ having a blast doing what they want to do. Both are devoted car people. Oh as if I have to tell ya. Drag racing ain't cheap !! Russ prob has $50k worth of thinking on her car!

Now cheer up an do something even if it's wrong to keep the old mine occupied  :cheers:

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #57 on: February 09 2019, 01:51:03 PM »
Jason does the same thing to every car he buys, International Scouts, Ford Wagons, etc.  He is not fixing your car, he is rebuilding it to the way he wants it!  I was so happy to hear he bought it from you and kept it in the family.

He could buy either of my two remaining buicks and it would be the same story.  I amaze myself some days when I am trying to sort out my wiring over the years.  I think I have rewired my wiring three times in my GN, and I was thinking the other day, I really need to cut all this out and start over because no one will ever be able to work on this car!!

I found a wire under the dash that was not connected the other day.  I plugged it in and nothing seemed to have changed.  Then I was trying PL to see if it would work and saw that I now have an EGT reading again.  On the other hand, I later noticed the fuel pressure sender was not working LOL  Nothing to do with the EGT. 

Now, I need to cut out two alky installations and find 600$ for a new alky kit.

Relax and know the car went to the best of homes and friends.:)
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09 2019, 01:55:31 PM »
Timeout. Sorry anyone thought this as negative. Please re-read the post.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09 2019, 01:58:52 PM »
Timeout. Sorry anyone thought this as negative. Please re-read the post.
nah I didn't... well maybe a little bit . Now go DO something ! :rock: Damm I have to get something done to :icon_redface:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal