Author Topic: So, we took a trip to the track...  (Read 1439 times)

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
So, we took a trip to the track...
« on: September 29 2014, 03:30:15 PM »
So, an old friend and charter member of the lone star performance Buick club, Terry Bunton had allerted me a few weeks ago he would be travelling in from the Abilene area to attend the tmccc at north star dragway yesterday. So we made plans to attend. Along with terry, Stan Davis brought out his 87 d84 Limited. It was looking very nice and running decent.

Now, I know I have been out of the loop for quite some time and Stan showed me the cats a$$ in chips. He was adjusting his tt chip with the scanmaster and gas pedal. Now that was slick and the first I'd seen of it. So I've been perusing Erics forum and noticed this works on several of his chip versions. I think I got one with a 5.6 on it in the deal where I bought the 42lb injectors. I will look when I get home. This opens up a whole new world to me. This is going to be fun. As soon as I get good I'm saving for the sd2 so I can ditch the maf.

Anyway, stan's car is nice with the sofa front bench and a cf5, all decked out in chrome.

upload image

Also met a nice fellow named Paul with a strong running Gold GS

take a screenshot

I didn't run our car. We are on some old rear tires and not really trusting the trans yet but it shift well and didn't miss a beat knocking down just over 22mpg on that tank.

Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: So, we took a trip to the track...
« Reply #1 on: September 30 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
That's a nice lookin' TR. I still adjust my fuel/timing with the foot pedal via the SM...tho I think you can do it on the laptop with PL.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30 2014, 06:26:01 PM »
Nice!  What is the weather like out there?

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30 2014, 07:33:35 PM »
Weather while not perfect was really nice. Of course the sun was out and there wasn't much wind. Probably high 80s and not too much humidity.

That Limited is my old friend Stan Davis. He also has a real nice 70 GS455 convertible that runs mid 12s. The regal is a blue d84 with velour interior, cf5 moonroof and those nifty cornering lamps in the front fenders. He was running mid 8s(eigth mile). He has that tt chip I mentioned and alcohol injection. He was only running 23psi boost. I thought it needed more but I wasn't asked.

There should be another mc club challenge in a few weeks.I'm thinking I might be able to run then.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal