Author Topic: Powerlogger  (Read 20778 times)

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Powerlogger
« Reply #45 on: September 24 2016, 05:35:31 PM »
Did some testing, got a weird knock spike on this run, attached file I hope. Have boost set where its supposed to be at 23 and have fuel in TT chip down to 109, still plenty high on O2, stopped tuning for tonight, ran out of time.

Been thinking that with this chip burned for 23lb and bigger turbo, I might need to up the boost on mine to 25 to try to get the O2's under 800? Also only did a few launch attempts, same old knock alarm on first try with a knock spike so I lifted and turned up the alky control to 7.5 and went again. no knock on logger but alarm did go off, stayed in it up to 50ish and zero knock on logger so I think I may have that demon exercised. Also on the up side, the oil leak is gone and the dipstick leak is too........Tha nks for the help guys!!!
« Last Edit: September 24 2016, 06:10:04 PM by Shimy87 »
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24 2016, 06:26:39 PM »
It's pig rich...cuz it's for my car. Bigger turbo, heads, IC and Champion intake. High gear knock ain't real...it heard something.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24 2016, 07:38:04 PM »
What do ya think on increasing the boost to 25-26 to help??
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24 2016, 07:40:21 PM »
Upping boost=lower 02's. Pushing that turbo with stock heads will get to the point of diminishing returns.

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24 2016, 07:56:48 PM »
Yes I understand but I think if I take as much fuel out of setting 1 I will still be to rich. Tomorrow im going to up boost to 25 ( thats what I ran before) and then continue to pull fuel out and see how it works

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25 2016, 06:48:13 AM »
Go slow with the high boost and pulling fuel. Too big a swing gets you repairing something.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25 2016, 06:58:30 AM »
Shimy, if you have no thots of using the race chip...then send it to Eric and have him burn it as an alky chip tailored specifically for your engine and desired boost level. He can also add specific features to it as well. I broke my own rule...and got that chip from m233roller...M ike Dopkins. I lucked out it had enuf fuel in it to take me to 6.7. Don't do what I did.

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25 2016, 10:24:58 AM »
I was thinking that basic thought, was going to send him my old chip and have him burn it for what I have now.....that being said race day this Saturday so I wanna run because its the last of the year. Raining today so probably no tuning today. After sleeping on it here is what I was planning. Tuning is basic, fuel, boost, timing and monitoring. Now FP is set at 44, going to drop it to 42 and check result, if positive, then going to put boost to 25 and see what it thinks of that, if still okay then going to SLOWLY pull fuel out of setting one and see what that does.

Today gotta make a laptop stand. Kinda hard to look at the knock graph in the pass seat while the car is weaving around on launch. Got a little sideways on me yesterday :O

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25 2016, 01:52:53 PM »
You don't adjust fuel via the AFPR. You do it with either fuel...alky... or a combination of both.

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26 2016, 12:04:49 PM »
Finally got a chance to look at your log.  Is it possible to get a log of the engine warmed up in park and one after doing some street driving at a stop light in drive?
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26 2016, 12:57:59 PM »
Sure, probably this afternoon if rain holds off and work allows.

Scoob,

I hear ya on not using AFPR for tuning, Just trying to get through this weekend with what I have to work with. Also I'm one lb heavy now so was thinking a lb light might help me in the right direction. No plans of going below 42LBs.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26 2016, 01:34:05 PM »
If you're just testing this weekend...and can make plenty of passes...this is what I would do.

1st pass. Leave from an idle and slowly lean into it...and let it go through the gears. I ASSUME you have the knock gauge on the pillar. It's in your line of vision. If both green lites come on...get out of it...and go back and look at the file.

2nd pass. If all's well...boost it up a couple pounds...and get on it. Once again...keep an eye on the knock gauge. If all's well...keep leaving harder on each pass...and watch your fueling...as you may have to make adjustments. Don't forget about 'aggressive mode' with Erics chip.

This is what I do for each pass.

1-At the trailer I set my rear tire pressures 2 pounds higher than what I want them.
2- When I roll into line I set my final rear tire pressure.
3-I get back in the car and fire up the laptop...click on PL...and bring up the gauge panel. 2 races before mine I fire the car up. I scroll through the SM to make sure all the numbers are normal...with particular attention to BLM's.
4-I then click on monitor...and I make sure the gauges are moving and I know it's working.
5-When they wave me in I hit record.
6-When I finish the race I turn off...stop...a nd save the file.

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
Finally got a chance to look at your log.  Is it possible to get a log of the engine warmed up in park and one after doing some street driving at a stop light in drive?

Here ya go, also a short top gear pull. This is with FP set to 42

Also Brad or Jason, any info on the injectors I got? I was going to order my chip from TT and he needs more info than just 60lbs??? There are some numbers hand engraved on them but they are all different
« Last Edit: September 26 2016, 05:01:00 PM by Shimy87 »

Offline good2win22

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
  • No man lives happily lest he remove the boredom
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26 2016, 06:34:25 PM »
I'll default to Brad on the injectors. I could've swore that all the hand scribed numbers were the same on those injectors
Jason

1966 Ford Ranch Wagon
1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
1986 Grand National BLK PHNX
1987 Turbo Regal Limited
2018 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26 2016, 06:35:34 PM »
Some more files from testing....... frustrated. Have FP set to 43 on these, added 10% fuel to first, have almost all removed from overall, set at 106. Alky dial set to 8. Cant launch this thing without screaming alarm. Cant race it like this. Might just give up until I can get a chip for my combo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal