Author Topic: Powerlogger  (Read 20647 times)

Offline Shimy87

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Powerlogger
« on: September 06 2016, 04:20:28 PM »
I figured I'd start a thread on this, my help others in future also.

I waited way to long on doing this but ordered one this morning and I'm sure I will have some questions along the way. Did a lot of reading on them and seem lots of people struggle with all sorts of different things. That being said it also looks like they can do some pretty awesome things and if a guy figures out the ins and outs of them and you should really be able to get some performance.

That being said, computers hate me, and vise versa, the main reason I procrastinated on this purchase, so we will see how this goes.

As always thanks in advance for any and all advise and direction  :cheers:
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
Re: Powerlogger
« Reply #1 on: September 06 2016, 06:22:16 PM »
You can hit this link and use some unzip software to install the powerlogger software program on your desktop. Then you can open other peoples files and look at them.

http://www.turbotweak.com/forum/index.php?threads/powerlogger-software-and-installation-docs.1687/
Go to the link with the .zip at the end. This will get the pl software in a zipped form downloaded to your computer then you have to unzip it and then run it to install
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06 2016, 07:41:56 PM »
Shimy, what program do you plan on running it with on the LT in the car? Windows 7? Lots of info on Eric's site as Rich alluded to. If your going to run it on windows 7 the drivers need to be loaded manually. That's what I have, on an Acer One notebook. Believe me if I can do this, you can! Just take your time and be patient and ask questions even if they seem simple. Not everyone is a computer guru. You'll enjoy the PL once it's up and running....gre at tuning tool.
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline aminga

• Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: 0
  • Chicks Dig the Power Bulge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08 2016, 11:39:42 AM »
Windows 7 installed pretty OK.  The latest software used registered drivers so it causes less problems.
86 Regal T-type. One Owner. Twisted 6 Racing Built 109, FTSS Revolution X 206/210 Cam, T&D 1.65 Rockers, Diamond Forged Pistons, RJC Power Plate, TA6262DBB, PTE SLIC, Alkycontrol pump and Kit and ISAC Controller, Bailey TR6 Wastespark, TA Headers, ATR Downpipe, Racetronix Walbro pump and hot wire ki

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13 2016, 01:54:58 PM »
Got the hardware installed and no surprise the computer part is not working.. Can I just say fucking computers are the fucking source of more fucking grief than they are ever fucking worth  :icon_fU:

rant over
87 GN, K&N cold air, gutted cat, TT 5.7 chip, AFPR, 340 Walbro w/ hotwire, 60 LBS injectors, 981 valve springs, 206/206 Cam, RJC Powerplate, LS1 MAF & translator, Vacuum brakes, Hellwig rear sway bar, Energy suspension poly bushings, Razors Alky, Pypes exhaust, 5931 turbo, CK9.5 converter

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13 2016, 06:26:22 PM »
Finally got it working, instructions are vague at best in my opinion. Anyway, I attached 2 files, one from a roll and one launch. from a roll is good with just a hint of knock. the launch was a WOT punch, alarm went off, lifted and hit again and alarm went again.....is it false knock or real....spikes instead of building so I think its false?? What do experts think

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13 2016, 07:10:59 PM »
TPS is a tad low, doubt that would effect much, Steve might know. Should be  4.60

Seems your KR blip happened when your boost spiked to over 25 psi. Volts look ok. O2's little fat......I assume this was a 3rd gear pull
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13 2016, 07:18:20 PM »
yes it was 3rd, very rich on defaults,  more concerned with the launch file trying to figure out the knock issue there

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13 2016, 08:17:43 PM »
Is this stabbing it on the street? I'd say your rattling the knock sensor with the tires/drivetrain.

Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
Steve...check his IDC. 98 percent in file 1...and over 100 percent in file 2. Look to you like he's sucking those 37lb injectors dry?
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13 2016, 08:40:37 PM »
yes, punching it on the street, thing is it never did this before the new cam was installed.

I agree the 37's are " all in" with this combo but I would think that if they were the problem I would not see knock at launch but later in the run in 3rd at full boost and the O2's are plenty rich now all through 3rd gear??  In the launch file, knock spikes to 15 instantly, making me think its false knock. Just cant figure out what is causing it???

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14 2016, 04:10:44 PM »
Shimy...was that chip burned for your exact combination... and for how much boost.

Just a theory. When you jump on the throttle...the re's certainly a slight delay before the alky can spray it's densest. You're hitting 5900 RPM and 24 PSI...and those 37's are maxed at 107 percent...with the alky going full bore a split second later. I think the KR is real

On file 1 you're rolling into it...and the alky has plenty of time to keep up...and you're only at 4800 RPM. Again...this is just a theory.

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14 2016, 05:17:46 PM »
Brad, thanks for the help. Yes chip is for exact combo. I think I can adjust the alky to come on sooner? I'll have to look at the settings and adjustability. I have a poly motor mount coming....cant hurt. Eric from TT suggested turning off the alky and turning the boost down to 16 and the timing down to 18 and giving it a run to see if that eliminates it.

In theory this new cam has more duration so if anything should create a buffer for knock, as that is the only change ( with valve springs) that has been made and it didn't knock on launch before, but clearly something is up.

Offline Shimy87

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14 2016, 06:16:37 PM »
Called Julio at Alky Control to ask about settings and he say its probably a weak pump. Its 4 years old and he recommends rebuilds every 2 years. Makes sense, weak pump cant ramp up fast enough.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14 2016, 06:19:18 PM »
Shimy...send Eric the files...get his 2 cents. Post in the chip section on the other board. Calling Eric Marshall...pos t your logs. You'll get a quick response. I think Razor has the alky come on at 6 PSI default...and I assume you have the blue knob on 7...and haven't messed with the defaults in the PAC controller.

Weak alky pump...that's a possible culprit.

For shits and giggles...ask Eric how far the 37's and alky will take you.
« Last Edit: September 14 2016, 06:23:46 PM by Scoobum »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal