Author Topic: Saying good bye  (Read 838 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Saying good bye
« Reply #45 on: October 02 2018, 05:05:32 PM »
I wonder if they'd give you $1 less than the magic number that totals it out (and leaves the title alone).

...or if those numbers would jibe. 

If it's a small monetary hit, it might be worth it to keep the title unbranded.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Pyro6

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02 2018, 05:39:56 PM »
I don't know Earl, I didn't get the impression they were interested in negotiating. And after this last month I don't know if i could take it. I've fielded so many opinions about the whole thing, this solution is a godsend.

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04 2018, 02:51:55 PM »
It would be less money out of pocket for them and they wouldn't have to screw with the titlework. They might make it easy on you (if it's even possible).

Then again, if they think your car is a regular Regal, $1 less would be $49 or $99 to you.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline bullnerd

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
I'm glad we talked you into keeping it.  :cheers:

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05 2018, 06:59:13 AM »
Negotiating is all they are interested in. The other scenario that they like is when their "customer" takes the low ball offer and keeps paying them the "insure" the next thing. That is the win -win for them . Bust their balls they need it.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Stock
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05 2018, 07:48:10 AM »
I wonder if they'd give you $1 less than the magic number that totals it out (and leaves the title alone).

NOT happening. Insurance co protecting themselves. Well around here (NE area) anyway

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11 2018, 10:24:25 PM »
I got the salvage title in the mail and scanned it to the insurance company immediately, as instructed,  only to receive an automated reply the adjuster won't be back in until Monday. So me and the Eagle are going to Hershey tomorrow to unwind. Jay Leno just might be there.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 29
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #52 on: October 12 2018, 11:51:09 AM »
Ask Jay if I can drive one of his Steamers!
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Pyro6

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12 2018, 06:04:27 PM »
He's doing a show at the American Music Theater near me. They say he scheduled it specifically so he could go to Hershey. I must have just missed him, he was driving around in a Stanley Steamer in the area I was looking for a 58 Chev for a friend. I have pictures on FB from a friend of a friend. I'll try to put them up here.
« Last Edit: October 12 2018, 06:11:45 PM by Pyro6 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo