Author Topic: issue with vibration at 60 mph  (Read 492 times)

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: issue with vibration at 60 mph
« Reply #30 on: August 02 2018, 06:15:21 PM »
I think the words 'checked' and 'looked at' are being used incorrectly in this instance.

A visual inspection is right at 0% effective in diagnosing, troubleshootin g, assessing, and repairing this condition.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Top Speed

• Don't Tread on Me
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03 2018, 05:41:05 PM »
So has the driveshaft been removed and re-balanced?
Champion Irons w/T&D roller rockers, TA-61 turbo, 206/206 flat tappet cam,  57 lb/hr Siemens Injectors, 3000 stall PTC, PTE Plenum w/RJC Power Plate, 70 mm PTE Throttle Body, RJC 325 Megacooler, TurboTweak chip, Alky Control w/M1 methanol, 25 psig on the street, stock crank, rods, and block.

Chris

Offline rhturbo

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10 2018, 09:15:47 AM »
Drive shaft has not been rebalanced. I hope to get it in for a better inspection of the front end in another week or so.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 28
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #33 on: August 10 2018, 12:03:37 PM »
What you really need to do is to look at the car yourself following some of the help that has been provided here, OR, find a car guy that will help you do the looking.  Beyond what I recall being posted, it could also be a wobbling damper, loose torque converter, or even a loose flex plate.  A bad tire, or a driveshaft problem is probably the most prevalent source of vibration, but, not the only one.

Most shops are pretty clueless on these cars so I can only see your future ownership experience being bad with a turbo Regal if you are not willing to learn for yourself.

These cars can drive you crazy even tho they are relatively simple compared to newer stuff.  It gets very expensive to allow shops with a lack of experience try to sort these cars out.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo