Author Topic: AFPR Question  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
AFPR Question
« on: July 15 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
My car is done...and we rolled Dans GN into the shop. This car has cool guy stuff that has to go. First off. The AFPR is an Accufab...and has a fancy push lock adapted to it with a thin hard plastic hose. Vacuum being pulled from it doesn't feel as much as from my car. Fuel pressure is adjusted to 43 line off...and reconnecting the hose it stays at 43. Is the diaghram fubard...is it not getting enuf vacuum? I'm heading back today to load my car up and I'll find out where the vacuum is being drawn...and I'll find out how much with my vaccum gauge. I'll take some pics as well and post them.

We're swapping the fuel pump on it later today when the heat/humidity dies down...as we don't know how old it is...and seems fairly quiet when you turn the key on...compared to mine.

Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: AFPR Question
« Reply #1 on: July 15 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
if you have a Mighty Mite, you can draw down on the regulator and see what heppens
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15 2018, 01:31:12 PM »
Vacuum being pulled from it doesn't feel as much as from my car. Fuel pressure is adjusted to 43 line off...and reconnecting the hose it stays at 43. Is the diaghram fubard...is it not getting enuf vacuum?

Something is up.  Every 2" on vacuum should drop the pressure 1psi.   If you can feel vacuum on the line with your finger, yet the pressure doesn't change, you have issues.

Odds are it's the POS Accufab since a pinched return would make the car pig rich everywhere else across the board.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15 2018, 01:47:22 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll actually take a vid of it and post it. Make it easier for you guys to diagnose it. Can I get a rebuild kit for it up here in the Great White North...the car's on a budget.

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
if you have a Mighty Mite, you can draw down on the regulator and see what heppens

No go on that one.

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16 2018, 01:01:14 AM »
Can I get a rebuild kit for it up here in the Great White North...the car's on a budget.

Any 5lb hammer should do it.

or whatever that is with the metric system. :)
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 16 2018, 08:10:38 AM »
2/4 stone plus six pence
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
^one of them hammers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal