Author Topic: Cooler install pictures  (Read 15309 times)

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: Cooler install pictures
« Reply #15 on: August 07 2012, 10:16:15 AM »
I prefer the quick change set up using velcro
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline 1KWIKSIX

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07 2012, 11:27:53 AM »
Each to his own!

This was the cleanest set up I had ever seen.......the custom laser cut powder coated bracket & mounting pieces and proper connecting line sets made it the "closest thing to a factory set up" that I've ever seen.

It was simply a bolt on installation.. .very well engineered & constructed.  Guess it depends on what you're looking for in a cooler set up.  I wanted a clean installation.. ...wanted to get rid of the insert fittings & hose barb set up used on my previous transmission cooler.  After dropping some CA$H into my transmission / torque converter, I wanted to make sure that I had a very good cooler.  Don't mind spending some money on a quality part.

After the installation, all I can say is that I was impressed with the quality of components used & would definitely recommend this kit to anyone considering an external transmission cooler.

Dave

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
It's really a professional looking install :)
Steve Wood

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
The smallest B&M plate cooler that I would use is about $77.00 and I prefer the larger one that is about $93.  If you want to go the steel braided path, things can go up quick :)
Steve Wood

Online gnonyx

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07 2012, 11:58:33 AM »
Each to his own!

This was the cleanest set up I had ever seen.......the custom laser cut powder coated bracket & mounting pieces and proper connecting line sets made it the "closest thing to a factory set up" that I've ever seen.

It was simply a bolt on installation.. .very well engineered & constructed.  Guess it depends on what you're looking for in a cooler set up.  I wanted a clean installation.. ...wanted to get rid of the insert fittings & hose barb set up used on my previous transmission cooler.  After dropping some CA$H into my transmission / torque converter, I wanted to make sure that I had a very good cooler.  Don't mind spending some money on a quality part.

After the installation, all I can say is that I was impressed with the quality of components used & would definitely recommend this kit to anyone considering an external transmission cooler.

Dave

Hi Dave,
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the kit. The installation looks professionally done. If I had the money I too would have gotten the kit, but living on retirement one can put the extra cash on other visible things. Thanks for the photo, Julio
87 GN T-Top, ScanMaster, hot-wire kit, Full Throttle chips w/ matching 60# injectors, adj. fuel pump, and triple pod gauges w/ AEM A/F gauge, oil pressure gauge, vac/boost gauge, Kenne Belle rear seat brace, upgraded tranny w/ Art Carr pan cover, and a pre-lube oil system.

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07 2012, 01:47:43 PM »
Nice!  It will take an Earl Brown inspiration to top that! :041: :027:

Man, if you're going to Rube Goldberg something at least make it tacky. I'll stick with my "liberated" Adel clamps and one zip tie. (the oil cooler brace is a piece of metal that holds fresnel lens' in big screen TVs)

$280 looks like a powerlogger/PLX wideband and a $30 cooler to me.
« Last Edit: August 07 2012, 01:53:03 PM by earlbrown »
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07 2012, 01:52:01 PM »
How the hell do you delete a double post?
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
Earl, how much labour to get to the point in you photos where the headerpanel is removed?
Guessing we'd then double that for a northern car.

-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline earlbrown

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
My header panel was removed because my car was stolen and destroyed. I knew I was going to do coolers and engine swaps so I didn't install it until last.
  When the oil cooler turned out to leak I popped it out without even removing the grille.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal