Author Topic: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12  (Read 63587 times)

Offline I Love Factory ECMs

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • PSI: -16
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo Buick.com Banned for Realizum 9-14-12
« Reply #30 on: September 17 2012, 09:37:36 AM »
I'm just after an Defenant answer on the failur

Abuse

Or less to the point...   "Customer knowingly operated car outside of acceptable paramateurs resulting in severe damage. Customer then continued to operate while damaged resulting in catastrophic failure."
lol ..What??? Drag racing is Abuse??? Damn guess i'll have to stick to "Sunday Drives" ....NOT!!
 Well if you want to get generic:   Try Consumer Fraud:
 The Customer Paid a Knowingly an Supposedly as Advertised Experienced Buick Grand National "Performance"expert for complete rebuild,ready to run an Tuned for 1/4 mile drag car for the that express reason, But in return got only "1/2" the performance of what was Paid for.
 After my own research last night,either through the tuning of KDK,or the Extender Chip,Absolutely  no Third Gear enrichment tune was tried or attempted. Wasn't done due to them just not doing it, Or they couldn't even get to that point to try due to the ECM like they an others have said.

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17 2012, 09:40:32 AM »
I wonder what KDK would have to say about this. I have never heard of a warranty on a race engine - and would never expect one. Maybe gross negligence (which would be very hard to prove), but your shit blew because you don't know what you are doing.
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #32 on: September 17 2012, 09:50:27 AM »
yes, drag racing is abuse.  We should all know that the faster we go, the quicker something breaks. But your lack of knowledge turned it into criminal abuse.  Time to grow a pair and stop blaming others for your lack of knowledge.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17 2012, 10:04:49 AM »
It's a good thing your not a fisherman or you will be suing all the bait shops for not catching fish. 
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17 2012, 10:36:49 AM »
Some have the knowlege,some pay for it, I paid for It an got Robbed!
I'm up to speed now...8^)
If i can keep a Laser Beam on a peice of papers Edge while it's travles at 14,000 mph 255miles all from my front yard. That also includes GPS input,leveling an sky alginment on computerized telescope. All trcking it manualy by Eyeball  Then produce a Photo of the International Space Station in Orbit...(not to mention i can produce Hubble images an fully photo process them in ,RegiStax 5.1,Deepspace stacker,Nebulasity2 computer programs....)
(now that where fishing,get haircuts an real job's,with letting people's air out the tires)
       Tuning the XFI's a Breeze for all my conditions i prefur!! I've passed on the Factory route, to out dated,to many wires, the chips you'd need for street or track.

"I wonder what KDK would have to say about this."....
  He "know's" i'm Hard on Cars,i go to the Track with mine.....Hope he'll give "you" a straight answer..(doubt it)...Gave "me"  I don't Know what problem is (I find that to be BS)
He's use to ole foggy's with street cars that want to go fast an Drop any amount of money, He must thought i was the same sucker's....

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #35 on: September 17 2012, 10:39:09 AM »
You paid for it, and then you screwed yourself.  Give it up.  No one that knows anything about cars is going to take you seriously. 
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17 2012, 11:14:38 AM »
As intelligent as you profess. Please use some grammar so I need not guess what you are saying.

AJ___

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
Have you found ANYONE on any forum that agrees with your stock ECM stance? I am curious.
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline phil_long

• F47
  • PSI: 0
  • ...far from avg
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
This is a funny thread.. I know its not meant to be tho. I can honestly say that if i took my car to be tuned by someone known to Buicks, and the first time i drive it to the tracks it blew up, I'd be pissed. Lol.  Thats just me tho. The part of tuning(to me at least) is the shop checking the O2's, A/F ratio, etc. I was jus thinking that he could've got some bad gas. I could be way off but whatever. Freedom of speech. Glad the car is running tho. :atbeer:

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
Have you found ANYONE on any forum that agrees with your stock ECM stance? I am curious.

I just read this whole thread (it wanders a bit) but that was the original reason he was banned (along with jumping on the guys thread) so I was also wondering if Anyone has Ever Agreed with this Theory about Stock ECM's??
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17 2012, 12:49:44 PM »
As intelligent as you profess. Please use some grammar so I need not guess what you are saying.

AJ___
Spelling,grammar,Typo's with big fingers, Worst Attributes!!! ;^),i'm a blue collar worker outdoors, not in door secretary,,,hhehehe

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17 2012, 01:05:40 PM »
Have i found anyone "Online' , No, there all Internet Modles,LOL, that Prefure the use of Aftermarket ECM's on there car's yet having everyone else try factory one out first.....
Now in the real world with phone call's to real people in the GN busniess world, Yes,(An it's said to be a Secret) Expieriments on the car itself,muiltipul shop's having the issue at same time as mine an now more an more are poping up on the board with it.
Somehow there " was " a an Issue,It could of been something nobody knew about an they just happen to add it to my car before properly field tested,Maybe, "Now" the issue's been fixed,Happens when you try to go State of the Art...I wanted an DFI or XFI on my car from day one at KDK, He assured me i didn't need it an to go "His Way",I did, i racked the first motor up to Misscomunicati on! All on me, After 2 others, Sorry Charlie, Not my doing...
The Glove only Fit 1/2 my Hand, You must Aquit!! ( O.J.)
My car was given the Improper Dose's an Died (Micheal Jackson)
We can do this all year, Not resolving the issue i an "Others" Have or Had maybe by now...

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17 2012, 01:21:09 PM »
YOU can do it "all year", but you are wrong, and beating the drum makes you look stupid.
Take a small percentage of the huge amount you are spending on motors an buy some books on how to tune, and listen to the grizzled veterans that are telling you what the REAL issue is.

'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy

Offline ULYCYC

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17 2012, 01:35:20 PM »
The only problem here is your brain dead.  Because your blew up a few times you blame parts, ecms or vendors. Look in the mirror and see who caused it all.  There is nothing wrong with aftermarket ecm systems. They are great and came a long way since DFI systems. Same goes for chips and stock ecms. But both need some kind of input to get the full potential out of them.  For your cars performance level either would do fine. A hired tuner like Cal can give you a basic safe tune in his shop but won't be any better then a safe tune on a chip. stock ecm.  If he goes to the track with you and tunes after every run from his knowledge you will get to the edge of your build.  As said before the XFI has more bells and whistles for this. But this only work if adjusted by a pro after each run. It's not a magic one time setting you leave his shop with. It takes years of experience that you don't have.  Same goes for a chip. after a run you look at your datalogger and see what adjustments need to be made. The time of day, track temps humidity and altitude all can dictate how to tune a car. If Cal reads this thread and see how dumb you are he may change his mind dealing with you.
ED BAKER
87-T, Maplight equipped rear view mirror..
01 Park Ave Ultra S\'charged
BPG#1458

• GIMP
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17 2012, 02:00:07 PM »
listen to the grizzled veterans that are telling you what the REAL issue is.
  If  "I" wasn't ""told"" by Bigger Grizzly's i guess then you back at that time (Example: Jason White,Cal Hartline,Cottons Perf.) there's an issue,I wouldn't of mentioned it what so ever,an Yeap,They All Said go Aftermarket ECM for My type of car plans an build......So, if anyone plans on running in the 10's i "Suggested" the same thing,But in doing so it's a constant battle between the Die Hard Factory users an what's actually the best for there combination long term an adjustability,Welcome to the inernet....
Show me 1 "Currently Running" car's thread running 8.9's in the 1/4 mile on street tire with out being tubbed. or a powerglide. on Factory ECM an tunable Chip.......
I'll show you 20+ other's running the same time that have switched over...makes you think there's a reason for that.Just some fail to see it...(the old dog an the new tricks)
All you have to do is find One... Any one running 11's an up, I'm sure stock might get you by..I don't have an 11 sec car...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal