Author Topic: Ford- big marketing shift  (Read 1969 times)

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Ford- big marketing shift
« on: April 26 2018, 10:23:50 PM »
Ford will stop making cars for North America, eyes US$25B in savings by 2022

CEO Jim Hackett said the changes, meant to improve profitability,
include getting rid of all cars for the North American market except
for the Mustang sports car and Focus crossover

Ford Motor Co. will shed most of its North American car lineup as part of broad plan to save money and make the company more competitive in a fast-changing marketplace. The changes include getting rid of all cars in the region during the next four years except for the Mustang sports car and a compact Focus crossover vehicle, CEO Jim Hackett said as the company released first-quarter earnings.
The decision, which Hackett said was due to declining demand and profitability, means Ford will no longer sell the Fusion midsize car, Taurus large car, CMax hybrid compact and Fiesta subcompact in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Exiting most of the car business comes as the U.S. market continues a dramatic shift toward trucks and SUVs. Ford could also exit or restructure low-performing areas of its business, executives said.

-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ford- big marketing shift
« Reply #1 on: April 26 2018, 10:25:14 PM »
Escalades but no Town Cars?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Just a Six?

• OK Now who Farted??
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
David
87 LTD. Purchased May 88
Doeskin leather, coach lites without Landau Roof, moon roof, carpeted trunk & No Factory Hood Ornament!
The sticker on AC shows a V-8 Carb car. Special order by Mr. Nick Hall VP of GM Canada
Runs 11.50 on 21 lbs with my old style 67 Q Trim & Alchy

Offline TexasT

• Legend in my own mind
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 1
  • So, This black car is fast?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27 2018, 06:46:28 PM »
They don't build cars people want to buy so now they just wont be building cars. I'm not sure how this fits in with their fleet sales. I know gm makes those caprice for fleet but not retail sale but with the Australian shut down not sure how that fleet sales will be filled. I guess with those explorers and Tahoes I've seen.

I'd really like a Chevy SS and would look at a ford if they built something like it. Mustang/Corvette just doesn't do it for me. I guess that is why I like my Regal and GS. Two door(I'd do four) rear wheel drive and some power. Kia is doing it and they seem to be selling as I've seen several out and about. Too bad the American mfg can't seem to make something like that sell. I guess the $50k+ price tag is too much. I know it is way our of my budget. Though I'm watching and the 2014 ss is made it to the high $20k range.
Rich

"Goals without actions are just dreams."

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
American's kinda do..   The Kia plant is 14 miles from my house and a couple of my friends work there.

'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal