Tech Area > Paint and Body

Repaint Header Panel

(1/13) > >>

gnonyx:
Okay, I'm in the process of painting the header panel after repairing the crack left marker lens support mounting holes that was crack many years ago. I have read many threads on the do's and don't, but I want my 87 GN header panel to match the original body paint if that possible, or just add a primer (what type), and then paint it gloss black color and then spray it with a Spray Max 2K Glamour High Gloss Aerosol Clear.
 Anyone have some ideas of this process and opinions? Thanks

daveismissing:
Reviews for that clear are impressive. Sure it wont make the rest of you paint look bad?

gnonyx:

--- Quote from: daveismissing on November 12 2016, 06:21:41 PM ---Reviews for that clear are impressive. Sure it wont make the rest of you paint look bad?

--- End quote ---

Don't know if I don't try it
But I did more research and found that I need to do a base coat paint and not just any gloss paint. I'm also thinking of compounding the whole car since it still has the original factory paint. I will post some pictures of the header panel, showing the crack damage, repaired, and also the both replacement bumper fillers that needs to be painted as well.

Just a Six?:
With our paint as old as it is I would try a Semi-Gloss finish clear if you haven't purchased it yet. That Gloss will be pretty shiny altho I've never used that particular product? Even the Satin finish shines up pretty good.

Just a Six?:
I was trying to say that if you haven't purchased the Gloss yet, then maybe use the Semi-Gloss. Worse comes to worse you can spray one sheen over the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version