Author Topic: A/C Hoses  (Read 4829 times)

Offline Recap

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
A/C Hoses
« on: June 20 2017, 05:17:21 PM »
Wondering if you can get the hoses replaced on the existing hose assemblies? If so what type of hose do you nee to use as I know as place that can crimp them on for me. As always, any help or info much appreciated.

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: A/C Hoses
« Reply #1 on: June 20 2017, 07:03:38 PM »
yes. All you have to do is cut off the outer crimp shell and remove the old hose.

The only trick is to make sure you 'clock' the new hose so it doesn't twist up into a spiral when you install it.

I bought a 40 ton crimp tool a while back to make some upgraded battery cables.  If I ever get around to repairing my A/C I'm probably going to make a set of braided lines just to minimize the risk of losing my R-12.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Recap

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20 2017, 10:58:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what type of hose I need to use to replace the old hose?

Offline blown1

• Turbo Street Stock
  • send em all back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23 2017, 09:43:08 AM »
now days,  "barrier hose"  is the   hose to use, it has an additional  layer of nylon (or some such material)
 to better  seal   the freon,

it available  at most parts houses,
or  ColdHose.com

Offline Recap

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26 2017, 11:36:47 AM »
Great! Thanks for the info.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal