Author Topic: RJC boost controller?  (Read 10055 times)

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: RJC boost controller?
« Reply #15 on: August 28 2018, 02:06:18 PM »
Earl, I'm aware of how it works.  The bleeder actually did the same thing but was unpredictable when the weather changed.
I've had this thing sitting on the shelve for years.  Damn you for not making one sooner! :) Everything about yours just makes more sense.

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28 2018, 02:32:06 PM »
I'm amazed that site is still online.

Last updated 16 years ago.
Wow, the guy (Gus) passed away in 2002, I guess his pals are keeping the site up.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28 2018, 10:16:17 PM »
Earl, I'm aware of how it works.  The bleeder actually did the same thing but was unpredictable when the weather changed.

The bleeder valve changed because of density of air has different flow characteristic s when the temp is different.

The MBC uses spring preload that isn't affected by temp.

I'm amazed Kenne Bell sold any of those goofy things.  If all you wanted was a constant air leak from the wastegate hose, all it'd take is a sewing needle to put a hole in it.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal