Author Topic: RJC Power plates  (Read 15727 times)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Re: RJC Power plates
« Reply #45 on: April 03 2018, 11:06:02 PM »
Yeah, I drank the Power Plate Koolaid.

In retrospect it might not have been necessary in a pressurized plenum where the valve and valve events would have dictated flow.  In the boosted LS world there are lots of common plenum intakes, even the Mid-Rise on our TBSS is a dual quad dual plane, and there are no known cylinder distribution issues.

That said, I never changed a head gasket in my Buick.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline ss/gn

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02 2018, 06:40:19 AM »
Watching for info from TB nats this week. I think you will see some fast runs.  :icon_lol: My $$$ is on the lady driven hot rod, from the north east. :cheers:
It's just a six cylinder, you can't loose
Kevin

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
I thought William and others were working on the "appliance user's" version.
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02 2018, 09:01:40 PM »
Watching for info from TB nats this week. I think you will see some fast runs.  :icon_lol: My $$$ is on the lady driven hot rod, from the north east. :cheers:

time will tell.. :cool; They are already there. Ill be there in the morning. Doing our best is all we can do. Car has to do the talking  :O

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03 2018, 02:29:15 PM »
I just had an interesting epiphany about the power plate....

Since Jason noticed a fairly specific trend with how the ports flow relative to each other, it seems that you could go without the plate by using a ''mismatched'' set of injectors.   Sorta like putting staggerd tires on a NECKCAR.

If you take the weakest flowing hole (odds are #1) and use that as a baseline starting with the  worst flowing injector.   If the next port flows 3% more, use a 3% higher flowing injector, etc...    That would allow for the mixture to be more consistent like the idea for the PP, while still maintaining a decent plenum volume for the runners to pull from.

I'm trying to remember the flow discrepancies when Jason published the numbers. It seems like it was 13% was the largest difference.   The trick would be to have an injector bench and some injectors with piss poor QC.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03 2018, 03:59:37 PM »
Earl, that is what we all discussed years ago.  Back cylinders get the most flow, so put the bigger injectors back there.  Have you had a lack of sex this spring?

Offline daveismissing

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03 2018, 09:13:13 PM »
Or buy a J & S Safeguard?
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03 2018, 09:49:33 PM »
Earl, that is what we all discussed years ago.  Back cylinders get the most flow, so put the bigger injectors back there.  Have you had a lack of sex this spring?

There's never enough.

I get that you put the highest flowing injectors in the back.  But the difference in flow front to back isn't the same amount as the flow differences between ports.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03 2018, 10:59:56 PM »
I just had an interesting epiphany about the power plate....

Since Jason noticed a fairly specific trend with how the ports flow relative to each other, it seems that you could go without the plate by using a ''mismatched'' set of injectors.   Sorta like putting staggerd tires on a NECKCAR.

If you take the weakest flowing hole (odds are #1) and use that as a baseline starting with the  worst flowing injector.   If the next port flows 3% more, use a 3% higher flowing injector, etc...    That would allow for the mixture to be more consistent like the idea for the PP, while still maintaining a decent plenum volume for the runners to pull from.

I'm trying to remember the flow discrepancies when Jason published the numbers. It seems like it was 13% was the largest difference.   The trick would be to have an injector bench and some injectors with piss poor QC.

Be easier to spend the $$$ for the plate. Our inj are flowed an go in a certain cly. We have egt readings in every cyl.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #54 on: May 05 2018, 08:51:30 PM »
tomorrow, we should hear why PP's don't work...Melissa's is probably covering up a miniature nawz bottle...:D
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline Grumpy

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09 2018, 11:40:00 AM »
well she ran a 116 mph in the eighth... At that weight she's def making some power. Fixing the brakes an goin for a new 1/4 mile time  :player: Then time to start some new things for BG.  :chin:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal