Author Topic: RJC Engine Brace Question  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
RJC Engine Brace Question
« on: April 07 2013, 02:05:19 PM »
One of these arrived...just gotta pick it up from one of the other Buick bums. Anyone know what the space should be between the stopper and the frame?

http://rjcracing.com/product/rear-motor-brace/
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline tb3

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Re: RJC Engine Brace Question
« Reply #1 on: April 07 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
I would snug it up till it touches the frame and go from there.  Prolly wanna make sure your motor mounts are in good shape.
Its gotta be a way better alternative to the alt bracket torque strap. 
My guess is it wouldn't be very effective if your using poly motor mounts  :chin:
I had a buddy order one once.  I went to put it on, but due to his body bushings being a little wore, I would've had to hammer the body sheet metal and that big seam right there to install it.  I didn't want to do that to a nice low mile car, so I talked him into replacing the body bushings first and going from there.
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07 2013, 09:09:39 PM »
If it contacts the frame at all times you'll probably ride around thinking you're got a bad wheel bearing.  I can't imagine the NVH from the making contact at cruise.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline Scott87

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost Tube
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07 2013, 10:58:22 PM »
Neat thing I discovered about the rjc bracket is it makes installing the taller valve covers a breeze..  Back the contact bolt off then floor jack on the bracket a little..  It will rotate the motor just enough you don't need to fight installing the passenger side cover...

Posted From Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal