Author Topic: My first build! Guidance is always welcomed.  (Read 23354 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My first build! Guidance is always welcomed.
« Reply #60 on: March 23 2014, 04:56:09 PM »
Therein is the reason why I stick to the stock stuff.
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23 2014, 05:00:57 PM »
I may have to look into that...came with no directions.
Extnder Extme Chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5, GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, PYPEs Exhaust,210 215 Roller, Morral lifters, PAC springs, port and polished 8445 irons, Tnetics CPT-61 DBB, EVo wastegate, LS1 MAF, GEN2,BHJ, HS rlr rockers

Offline Forzfed

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23 2014, 05:47:18 PM »
Found it!

1. Crankshaft Fit
    Internal diameter has been honed to a minimum OEM tolerance.  In many instances, this will create an excessively tight press fit.  Carefully measure your crankshaft snout diameter and hone the bore of the damper to give a .001/.0015 press fit.  This operation must be performed with the utmost care as too loose a fit will cause the damper to move and damage the keyway and too tight a fit may cause the damper to gall and weld itself to the crank.  We highly recommend the use of an anti-seize compound since the steel hub is not as forgiving as a stock cast iron hub.           

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23 2014, 06:05:15 PM »
Found it!

1. Crankshaft Fit
    Internal diameter has been honed to a minimum OEM tolerance.  In many instances, this will create an excessively tight press fit.  Carefully measure your crankshaft snout diameter and hone the bore of the damper to give a .001/.0015 press fit.  This operation must be performed with the utmost care as too loose a fit will cause the damper to move and damage the keyway and too tight a fit may cause the damper to gall and weld itself to the crank.  We highly recommend the use of an anti-seize compound since the steel hub is not as forgiving as a stock cast iron hub.         
Cool Thanks! So did you need to hone yours at a machine shop? I have an Eagle Crank which the stock balancer slipped on and off of. I suppose I need to measure OD of my crank and See what the ID of the balancer is. Go from there. Thanks for the foot work on that info!  :cheers:
Extnder Extme Chip, Scanmaster, ALKY kit, hot wire kit, 340 Areomotive Stealth, Accufab FP regulator, MSD 8.5, GN1 performance 3.5" down pipe, PYPEs Exhaust,210 215 Roller, Morral lifters, PAC springs, port and polished 8445 irons, Tnetics CPT-61 DBB, EVo wastegate, LS1 MAF, GEN2,BHJ, HS rlr rockers

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23 2014, 06:34:05 PM »

I read this below....does everyone agree that if I have an Eagle Crank then I should of got a internally balanced BHJ balancer? I went external BHJ cause I had OE harmonic external hub that I pulled off...aggravat ing! Some thoughts were if it was a stroker then yes I needed internal BHJ. Any thoughts?

"I take it you have an Eagle crank. If so, then you need the internal balanced BHJ balancer. As you look at the bolt holes that hold the crank pulley on, you should notice six holes. If you have 3 holes and a part that is not machined out, then you have the wrong balancer. The Eagle crank is neutral/internal balance piece. Also you need an internal balance JW Flywheel."

Offline tb3

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25 2014, 02:10:50 PM »
I'm not sure
When I'm in Rome, they do as I do

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 02 2014, 09:01:32 PM »
Harland's installed, wasn't that bad, also got the BHJ balancer on, it was a bitch. I set my roller cam bushing by adding plastigauge to front of bushing plus gasket difference, shimmed to that number minus the clearence. Till next time....

Offline YGspider

• The Turbo Geek
  • Turbo Street Limited
  • 87 Turbo T
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03 2014, 06:28:39 PM »
Good looking build so far brother!  :rock:
Stratman: Is it even running?

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05 2014, 05:17:31 PM »
Hey guys do you all think my exciter ring is deep enough into the sensor? Today I install wide band and knock alarm...HooooR aaa!  Thanks fellas for the feedback!

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09 2014, 08:16:02 PM »
Well car had a wobble at idle, freakin external harmonic was wrong choice, looks like I needed the neutral balanced type. I put the stocker hub on and it cleared right up. Still a little chicken shit with running my car hard into boost, richend it up alittle and put my timing in a safe zone, still ran strong as he'll at 28 psi. Coming back my exhaust took a dump, shit was dragging, looks like all the rubber hangers gave up at once. Also occurred a leaky radiator due to my ass not paying attention when install electric fan, bottom screw stabbed it somehow. I just hope the frustration will pay off one day so I can actually enjoy driving this thing.  Thanks for the support.
« Last Edit: April 09 2014, 10:25:01 PM by bcn30141 »

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
On another note it seems like it took a while for my lifters to fill up, they sound better now and evenly make the same sound across the board, however they just seem a little noisier than the flat tappet setup I had before, I would think a roller setup would be quieter. Any thoughts.?

Offline earlbrown

• PSI: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09 2014, 09:34:35 PM »
If you didn't bench bleed the lifters with a vice, it might be time to adjust the rockers again.  That might quiet them down some.
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09 2014, 09:54:58 PM »
I didn't do that...they just soaked in oil for 2 weeks. When Installed I brought pushrod clearance to 0 and went another ¾ turn. I've never had rollers so I'm not sure what they're to sound like....I suppose I could pull the covers and given another half a turn.

Offline Forzfed

• PSI: 5
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10 2014, 12:53:11 PM »
Coming along nicely!  Should be a beast when you put it back on the road. :cheers:

Offline bcn30141

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09 2014, 08:45:19 AM »
Little update, broke trans forward drum on first week of tuning. month later turbo was leaking oil out turbine seal. ended up putting billet parts throughout trans, ptc 9.5 stall, added new 6466 turbo, 80 lbs injectors, dual nozzle and volt booster. Cant pull WOT yet cause my evo wastgate is not controlling boost. looking next to increase down pipe size and larger wastgate. Becoming a long endever.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal