Author Topic: AEM Digital Guages  (Read 1908 times)

Offline dennisL

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • High On Boost
    • View Profile
AEM Digital Guages
« on: January 19 2013, 09:41:28 AM »
I'm thinking about getting an AEM digital voltage gauge and possibly their digital fuel pressure gauge, but thought I'd check here first.  Steve, you have the voltage gauge right?  Would you recommend it?

Anyone using the AEM digital fp gauge?
'87 GN (original owner)
'70 Buick Electra 225 Convertible
'69 Camaro ZZ502

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
Re: AEM Digital Guages
« Reply #1 on: January 19 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
Yes, I replaced my wb Innovate gauge in the A pillar pod with it.  I mainly look at the digital readout and tend to ignore the leds around the rim, but, it works well and I like it.

On the pressure side, I have not looked at the reviews to see how well the guage works but I would assume that like most things, it is the quality of the sender that counts.  The Autometer pressure sender seems to pretty problematic from the reviews and I use a different brand which has worked well.  Might be nice to have a visual display as well as the PL log.

I have the impression that AEM is generally pretty good quality.
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline 1KWIKSIX

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
Re: AEM Guages
« Reply #2 on: January 19 2013, 01:34:21 PM »
I have the AEM analogue fuel pressure gauge & wide band gauge installed in my car. Both work very well....no issues with either!
Didn't want the distraction of all the LED lights going off in the car, so I went with the analogue gauges....besi des this style is the closest match for the rest of my VDO gauges I run in the car.

« Last Edit: January 19 2013, 01:43:47 PM by 1KWIKSIX »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal