Author Topic: Front load washers....  (Read 1948 times)

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Front load washers....
« on: March 01 2018, 12:32:01 PM »
Anyone tore one of these things down and replaced the drum bearings? It was done once under warranty a few years ago, and they are done again.

https://smile.amazon.com/Whirlpool-Washer-Bearing-Ap4426951-W10253864/dp/B00P7S83HC?sa-no-redirect=1
https://smile.amazon.com/Front-Load-Whirlpool-W10772618-replacement/dp/B00WHPICFG/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_265_tr_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AEC0HDQQGZZ9K18ZDY6D

looks like there are a few different grades of bearings, and the Japaneses bearings are the most expensive.

I know my biggest hurdle will be moving the damn thing......
IhaveaV8

Offline earlbrown

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Front load washers....
« Reply #1 on: March 01 2018, 09:57:10 PM »
The cool thing about bearings is they are standardized AS FUCK.

Those on that link you put have metal seals so they will end in 'ZZ'  (rubber seals are 'RS')

If you can get yours out and read the actual bearing number on the outer race, I bet you can buy a sleeve of them for the price of one from a speciality house.

The trick is to get the bearing number and buy a Timkin, Koyo, SKF, or FAG then never have to worry abou tit again.

What is that black thing on the bottom?  If it's a lip seal, they are just as standardized as bearings when it comes to numbers.

Also, don't repeat that or tell anyone. I kinda want to corner the marking on ''Grand National roller bearings''.   lol
'87 GN - 4.2L SFI Turbocharged innercooled V6 - Chrome valve covers - supra pump - 14" K&N - 52mm throttlebody - rocker shaft supports -  1/2 intake spacer - TB coolant bypass - 3" ATR exhaust tip - Alum intake pipe - NOS timing cover - chip - relocated charcoal canister - CR42's - stock

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal