Author Topic: New start-up help  (Read 39617 times)

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
  • YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New start-up help
« Reply #60 on: November 03 2017, 02:05:12 PM »
Ron...are you referring to the ECM? So the ECM automatically compensates/adjusts high gear fueling with Bobs chip for temp/humidity changes?
Hard work pays off, dreams come true. Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do!

RIP Scott Hall AKA Razor Ramon

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03 2017, 02:07:23 PM »
Wot high gear turn the knob on the translator to add.

Read the whole document- if it still doesn’t make sense I’ll see what I can do later.

Adjust the high gear fuel via the Translator. Ok...sounds good. Be a pain in the ass pulling the lid off the Translator all day tho.
« Last Edit: November 03 2017, 02:27:58 PM by Scoobum »

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03 2017, 02:35:58 PM »
Ron...are you referring to the ECM? So the ECM automatically compensates/adjusts high gear fueling with Bobs chip for temp/humidity changes?

Yes. thats what i am saying, after initial set up. you might have to set the knobs initially but the computer will compensate. The translater chip will control fuel up to 512 gps of air, A stock type chip will only only control up to 256gps of air and the chip burner puts in a predetermined fixed value after 256 is reached. BTY bob makes a commander stock type chip also.
In terms of hp 256 is about 300 hp after that the computer is done 512 is about 600 to the tire and the computer will still control the fuel theoretically.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Eliminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03 2017, 03:35:13 PM »
The computer follows a predetermined curve that is programmed into the chip. Just because it can fuel for 512gs doesn’t mean its it’s fueling correctly. Hence the fine tune adjustments. In no way does an extender correct wot fueling - it’s open loop wot
IhaveaV8

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03 2017, 03:50:06 PM »
The computer follows a predetermined curve that is programmed into the chip. Just because it can fuel for 512gs doesn’t mean its it’s fueling correctly. Hence the fine tune adjustments. In no way does an extender correct wot fueling - it’s open loop wot

Thanks for the explanation.

Offline reality

• Turbo Street Modified
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03 2017, 04:01:59 PM »
Extend you MAF range to 512 gr/sec!Designed for 50lb and smaller injectors (if your injectors are 55lb. or larger you need Extender Extreme part number 050EXTEXTREM ) the Extender ECM chips are designed to take advantage of the MAF Translator's (and Translator Plus) ability to measure true airflow at high horsepower levels. Instead of the factory 255gr/sec limit the stock computer can now see up to 512 gr/sec of air. This ability to measure all the air entering the engine gives the ECM control to properly adjust injector pulsewidth to maintain correct Air/Fuel ratios for best horsepower under all conditions. Additionally, the Extender chips feature advanced software to permit the user to adjust many parameters that were previously only adjustable by the chip programmer. Please note that these adjustments are for fine tuning only.The chip will plug in and you will be able to drive around with NO adjustments needed[/font]

Offline daveismissing

• Two Buicks- too little money$$
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • Two Buicks- too little money$$
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03 2017, 05:15:34 PM »
above:
Extend you MAF range to 512 gr/sec!Designed for 50lb and smaller injectors (if your injectors are 55lb. or larger you need Extender Extreme part number 050EXTEXTREM ) the Extender ECM chips are designed to take advantage of the MAF Translator's (and Translator Plus) ability to measure true airflow at high horsepower levels. Instead of the factory 255gr/sec limit the stock computer can now see up to 512 gr/sec of air. This ability to measure all the air entering the engine gives the ECM control to properly adjust injector pulsewidth to maintain correct Air/Fuel ratios for best horsepower under all conditions. Additionally, the Extender chips feature advanced software to permit the user to adjust many parameters that were previously only adjustable by the chip programmer. Please note that these adjustments are for fine tuning only.The chip will plug in and you will be able to drive around with NO adjustments needed
-Drain plug by Earl Brown, custom oil pan by Rich's Auto

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03 2017, 05:49:37 PM »
Okay...so say I wanted my NB to come in at 780 throughout the run. How would I program that in. And once I program it in...it'll stay at 780 in all temperatures.. .right?

Next question. If I don't have to do anything...why is there high and low gear fuel adjustments?

This sounds like the chip for me. Get in...put my foot down...and it does all the fueling for me.

And when I move the boost up and down it'll automatically add or subtract fuel for me.
« Last Edit: November 03 2017, 05:54:42 PM by Scoobum »

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03 2017, 05:49:38 PM »
As I've said above - yes the computer can see 512g/s of airflow. The computer/chip fuel to it's pre programmed fuel curve which may or may not be what the car wants, hence why it will need to be fine tuned.

Remember vendors tell you what you want to hear so you'll spend money with them.
IhaveaV8

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03 2017, 05:53:18 PM »
Brad
1. Combination of base fuel, wot fuel, and low gear wot fuel. And I think you know that answer to temperature.
2. Like pre programmed chips they aren't 100% right
IhaveaV8

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03 2017, 05:54:14 PM »
And yes I owned a translator plus and extender combo from 1999-2005ish. It works well but it's no SD2 chip
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03 2017, 06:00:37 PM »
Brad
1. Combination of base fuel, wot fuel, and low gear wot fuel. And I think you know that answer to temperature.
2. Like pre programmed chips they aren't 100% right

Jeremy...you're ruining all my fun...lol!

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
Don’t get me wrong Brad it’s a great setup and it does add fuel to 512g/s.

Basically you would be tuning the same parameters just in a different way.
IhaveaV8

Offline Scoobum

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03 2017, 06:14:02 PM »
Don’t get me wrong Brad it’s a great setup and it does add fuel to 512g/s.

Basically you would be tuning the same parameters just in a different way.

Ya, I get the idea...just havin' some fun. When I bought my GN it had an RA chip. I checked Bobs chip and Erics chip. Bobs instructions left me dumbfounded. Erics were easy to understand and adjusting his chip was easy. I don't like working my brain to hard.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal