Author Topic: Who Likes Burnouts?  (Read 4511 times)

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
Who Likes Burnouts?
« on: August 08 2011, 05:46:23 PM »
Set it to HD and turn it up!

elevenses.mp4
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline SuperSix

• Administrator
  • Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 234
    • View Profile
Re: Who Likes Burnouts?
« Reply #1 on: August 08 2011, 05:53:35 PM »
BRAVO!!!!

May want to see if you have any brake pads left...
'87 GN, 60lb, TA49, THDP, FTP cam, T+ lots o' shit - SOLD
'07 Ford F150 Lariat 2WD, 5.4L 3v - 255k
'20 Kubota BX2380. FEL, 60" deck
'78 IH/Case 184 Lo-Boy
'99 Kawasaki Bayou 400 4x4

Offline $1987 GN$

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08 2011, 06:00:13 PM »
Set it to HD and turn it up!

elevenses.mp4
Good on her.
Well she is learning, give here more lessons = more tires to test. And her smile will get bigger, maybe an evil grin will appear.

AJ___

Offline Pyro6

• PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
Maybe if you did your burnout first she would have had an opportunity to show you up!!! Looks like you both had fun, way to go.

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09 2011, 09:31:49 PM »
Not bad Mike - I'd be scared of the up/down shifts while doing a burnout......

Line lock makes it easy :) http://www.youtube.com/user/nocooler#p/u/3/dexGoVqQGJ0

FWIW - I bought a Trailblazer SS today too  :player:
IhaveaV8

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11 2011, 10:19:15 PM »
Not bad Mike - I'd be scared of the up/down shifts while doing a burnout......

Line lock makes it easy :) http://www.youtube.com/user/nocooler#p/u/3/dexGoVqQGJ0

FWIW - I bought a Trailblazer SS today too  :player:

Thanks and noted. We don't do this very often... you've clearly had some practice. ;)

What year TBSS did you get? We've been driving ours for the last week because the alternator went out on Natasha's Camaro again. The TBSS is awesome to cruise in.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12 2011, 04:26:30 PM »
It's an 06 AWD......I took it to the track, I think it did well for having 105k (miles for you Canadians!) on it. It ran 14.4@96. It's was the some practical decision to get more room than my regular cab shortbox truck........n eed room for the kid that's on the way.

IhaveaV8

Offline turbotguy

• PSI: 0
  • Hey y'all! Checks out m' mad ride!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12 2011, 07:49:50 PM »
Well she is learning, give here more lessons = more tires to test. And her smile will get bigger, maybe an evil grin will appear.

AJ___
[/quote]

Ahh, but after the evil grin comes the shifty eyes and then.......... .

GULP! She'll wanna make a pass.......... .............. ......
Just another old guy with a Buick, a really, really fast Buick......... ...

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15 2011, 07:24:14 AM »
It's an 06 AWD......I took it to the track, I think it did well for having 105k (miles for you Canadians!) on it. It ran 14.4@96. It's was the some practical decision to get more room than my regular cab shortbox truck........n eed room for the kid that's on the way.

I think ours is around 80K miles now (imported from the US, so it has imperial gauges), but we have yet to run it at the track. It has an intake, exhaust (sort of) and a tune... I'm getting curious as to how quick it is.

FWIW, I really like Amsoil's Dex 6 in the TBSS transmission (use it in the Camaro too). I'd recommend doing the transfer case fluid with the stuff from GM; when it came out of ours at 60K miles it looked new. Also pay attention to the front diff, there are rumours they are set up to fail due to a non-splash lube design where the driveshafts attach.

---

I'll post up some of Natasha's racing videos... she is turning into a skilled Auto-Xer.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16 2011, 07:20:15 PM »
I've hooked the cable up to mine and pulled the stock tune down - I just can't bring myself to play with it yet. Looking at the Torque management tables it automatically pulls 100ft/lbs from 2000 to redline - and is programmed for more reduction under certain circumstances. I believe it now when people say they get .4-.5 in the 1/4 from a tune.....

I plan on doing the fluids soon - I just got the bird back together, so I can give the TBSS a good once over.
IhaveaV8

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19 2011, 12:30:40 PM »
I've hooked the cable up to mine and pulled the stock tune down - I just can't bring myself to play with it yet. Looking at the Torque management tables it automatically pulls 100ft/lbs from 2000 to redline - and is programmed for more reduction under certain circumstances. I believe it now when people say they get .4-.5 in the 1/4 from a tune.....

Look for a tune by a user named BBA on tbssowners.com (it was originally for an '07) as a reference. We are running a modified version of that tune on our TBSS and it is pretty strong down low.
>>>Das Instagram<<<

Offline nocooler

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19 2011, 08:45:47 PM »

Look for a tune by a user named BBA on tbssowners.com (it was originally for an '07) as a reference. We are running a modified version of that tune on our TBSS and it is pretty strong down low.

I've looked at that tune - but the 06 uses a different pcm/tcm so some of the tables and such are changed.

When I get brave - I'll just have a look at it :)
IhaveaV8

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal