Author Topic: My stupid Fing car was sent here by god to make my life hell  (Read 3898 times)

DCEPTCN

My stupid Fing car was sent here by god to make my life hell
« on: January 05 2006, 06:50:46 PM »
So, I figured out why my car wasn't starting....so rt of. I put a new cam sensor on and (like I expected) it didn't help. Well, I figured that it has been so long since I checked some things that I would go back and check everything all over again starting from square one. First, I looked good and hard at all of my grounds....the y were fine like they were last time I checked. Then, I moved on to the fusebox that I'd already double- and triple-checked. When I pulled the number 23 (I think) fuse, a 15 amp that is for pump and injectors, it was fine just like last time I checked....... but, as I went to put it back in, I thought "man, it's just got to be this fuse, maybe I should replace it even though it looks fine". I held the fuse right up against a light bulb and at a very exact angle I could see just a hairline fracture in it. So, I replaced the fuse and turned the key.....and she fired right up. Just to be certain that it wasn't a fluke, I killed it and restarted it. So, at that point, I was happier than a pig in shit. I wondered though, how could my fuel pump be running with this fuse being bad.....? Oh well, I didn't care- the car was starting and that was all that mattered. Now, I had promised my brother in law that I'd go over to his house and play Nascar '06 with him while drinking up all of his Drambuie, so I left. When I came back, I told the wife "I'm gonna go start the GN again just 'cause the sound is so beautiful to me right now". I turn the jkey and it just cranks and cranks. When I look up, I see that I've got no fuel pressure.....? "WTF!?"  :mad: I yell. So, I figure maybe I blew that fuse again and this time it's killing the pump as well as the injectors. Nope, fuse is fine this time....even by the up-to-a-light test. So now I have to wonder if the relay on my hotwire kit shat the bed....? After 2.5 years of this, I really can't help but start to believe that some unseen force is just playing games with me.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
« Reply #1 on: January 05 2006, 07:36:40 PM »
It's Casper again... Check the ground to your hotwire or the connection itself. Can you hear the pump energize when the key is on?
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Recklessrob

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 3
    • View Profile
Re: My stupid Fing car was sent here by god to make my life hell
« Reply #2 on: January 05 2006, 11:29:15 PM »
Did you run it out of gas while you were gloating
at the fact that it runs again ? :rofl;
Rob

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05 2006, 11:35:43 PM »
Ouch, the burned pump!

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05 2006, 11:53:37 PM »
You know, Buddha would say it's your quest for the perfect car that's making you unhappy. A Taoist would say, "Get your damn volt meter out and check the voltage at the hot wire harness." But he wouldn't know what wires have what voltage. Hint, hint.

Offline sun dog

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06 2006, 02:07:00 AM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:53 pm"
You know, Buddha would say it's your quest for the perfect car that's making you unhappy. A Taoist would say, "Get your damn volt meter out and check the voltage at the hot wire harness." But he wouldn't know what wires have what voltage. Hint, hint.

Ah! the Fifth Noble Truth.  I like George Carlin's quote, "We're all fucked".
Nuke Gay Whales For Jesus

Offline sun dog

• Turbo Street Modified
    • View Profile
Re: My stupid Fing car was sent here by god to make my life hell
« Reply #6 on: January 06 2006, 02:22:53 AM »
Frustrating!  I've never seen a fuse blow unprovoked so there must be a short some where.  If you replaced it (hopefully with the same amp rating) it might have popped again(nearly impossible to tell sometimes by looking).  You can multi-meter them in the car, the fuse has two metal tabs at the top thru the plastic.  If the new fuse held up, it could have just popped somewhere down the line, or overheated the relay's thermal protection.
Nuke Gay Whales For Jesus

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal