Author Topic: Bates Nut Farm BGNRA show:  (Read 9136 times)

Offline Racer X

• Turbo Street Eliminator
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotrodbuick.com
Re: Bates Nut Farm BGNRA show:
« Reply #15 on: June 13 2005, 01:48:33 PM »
Gary,

I appreciate what you are saying. I have no real opinion of Steve. I was a member of BGNRA for a few years. I approached Steve about doing a cruise out to lunch and he said NO without even asking the membership to see if they wanted to or not.

Then, when I was road racing my GN, I rented out Willow Springs, I asked him to post in the newsletter that I would be at the track and anyone wanting to try their Buick on a track or just wanted to come out should. It would be fun! He then told me that maybe I should rent a drag strip instead!

It was at that point that I realized we were on two different sheets of music with respect to these cars. I have attended only one car show and that was when it was at the winery. I won't go into too much detail, but that was the only one I have been to and have no desire to go back.

I agree that Steve pours his heart and soul into the Buick scene, I just wish he would take more input from the membership to make it a better club for all. Hell, I too would like to go out and hang with the community, but we just are not that organized.
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
« Reply #16 on: June 13 2005, 02:42:21 PM »
Sweet, the Racer himself is here.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Racer X

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13 2005, 02:44:48 PM »
:D Yeah, I thought I would see what this place was all about!  :atbeer:
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13 2005, 08:27:55 PM »
Greg (RacerX):
Good to hear from you, dude. I know exactly how you feel in regards to what you mentioned, as I had exactly the same experiences with exactly the same results. And over the same type of questions/suggestions, I might add. I have never been a member, but I do support them as much as possible. I do enjoy the Buick car shows, and the quantity of Buick oriented car shows that allow late model cars such as the GNs, T-Types, Turbo-Ts, GNXs, TTAs is getting smaller it seems. Even if you delete the Buick oriented part there are still very few car shows that allow our cars in. It seems almost impossible to get more than a few of the turbo Buick and Pontiac together at any one time. We have tried. We just flatly enjoy arguing and discerning to much. As a consequence, I strongly support steve Hurst as he is a Buick person, he's president of the BGNRA, he and his wife donate a lot of their free time for the bernefit of everybody Buick related. Without Steve, there probably would not be a "Bates Nut Farm" annual show every year, and there may not even be a BGNRA club without him. When's the last time that you heard of somebody standing up and volunteering for that job? Without Steve and the BGNRA, the turbo Buicks may not be invited by Socal Grand Sports to the Westminister show every year also. I respect your input & judgement, but I have to admit that I am a "Show slut" and I go through withdrawl symptons if I don't see a turbo Buick every so often. Happens when you get old, dude. I have no better excuse.
Good to hear from you again, and definitely a very warm welcome to the board. Hope that your stay is long and pleasant. Still haven't done my damn suspension yet.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Bates Nut Farm BGNRA show:
« Reply #19 on: June 14 2005, 12:51:05 AM »
Hit me up Gary, I'd be willing to go up North to help you with some R&R work.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Bates Nut Farm BGNRA show:
« Reply #20 on: June 14 2005, 06:15:17 AM »
Quote from: "87natty @ Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:51 pm"
Hit me up Gary, I'd be willing to go up North to help you with some R&R work.

Hey, dude, it's 3 am in the fckng am, what are you talking about. that went completely over my head.

Offline Racer X

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14 2005, 10:10:44 AM »
Hi Gary,

I understand that Steve and Richelle put in a ton of time and that needs to be acknowledged. I just wish he would take some help from others. I have had this discussion with many others in the BGNRA. The newsletter needs to be more than a 30 times copied over stapled together mailer.

I think the real problem is that way back when the BGNRA had a stronger membership and people offered up suggestions and they were rebuffed by Steve, those folks simply left and took their enthusiasm and ideas with them.

There is no doubt in mind, that at this juncture without Steve and Richelle the BGNRA would cease to exist, but is that really a good thing?

As you know, I am not much for car shows, but it would be cool to have a cruise in some where once in a while other than to a drag strip. We used to do this with the Impala SS club I used to belong to. It was a blast!

I went on to form a car club of a different sort and we do a lot of stuff that is different and fun just to hang out.

Good talking to you Gary, I may just stick around here a while!  :D
2008 Charger SRT-8
2009 Challenger R/T
any questions?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal