Author Topic: Darryl Davis, rest in peace  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Gary Wells

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 2
    • View Profile
Darryl Davis, rest in peace
« on: May 25 2005, 08:40:50 PM »
For reasons known only to himself and God, Darryl Davis of D. davis Engineering, Santa Ana, Ca., and formerly of Boulevard Buick, 2850 Cherry Ave., Long Beach, Ca., 90755, took his life either this last Friday or this last Monday night. Darryl Davis was one of the most skilled and competent Buick mechanics in general, and turbo Buicks specifically, that I have ever met. He had just started his own business and was specializing in tri 5 ('55-'57) custom Chevrolets. Darryl was about 40. Darryl has serviced, repaired, and worked on my cars (mostly turbo Buicks) for about the last 10 years. He was a good friend and I am still in shock as I write this.
Darryl: I don't think that you realized how many friends that you had and to what extent we would have gone to protect you from whatever demons that were troubling you. God speed and may your soul rest in peace from whatever demons you could not escape from in life.
My prayers and sympathy go out to your family and all of your friends everywhere.

Offline 87natty

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/lynch455/science
Darryl Davis, rest in peace
« Reply #1 on: May 26 2005, 04:27:54 AM »
I know I replied to this thread before. ?!?

The only thing I can give you is MY prayers and sympathy to YOU, Gary. To stay strong, and yourself.

I didn't know your friend, but I can say because he was your friend, he could've been one of mine, and I feel the loss too.

But what I say to everyone is the teachings of St. Thomas Aquinas; the reason you feel bad is only because you love, and that is nothing to feel bad about. Don't apologize for your feelings, the only reason you feel the way you do is because you decided to love this person.

And because he became a part of your extended family only means you knew that one of you would eventually die before the other, but because you were friends, you both knew the risks. It's not your fault at all, or his or God's. It life's fault. The only thing you can do is live your life to what he knew you could do. And don't be afraid to piss him off...

Now he knows why you are you. And he still loves you.
My 1958 Mamiya can beat up whatever camera you just wasted your money on.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal