Author Topic: Stock heads  (Read 7041 times)

Offline achalmersman

• Bone Stock
  • PSI: 0
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Stock heads
« Reply #15 on: October 31 2016, 04:46:06 PM »
All that boost is because the valve job is tired and the bowls are corked up.

I'd love to see those heads come off so a simple bowl port, back cut the stock ex valves and slam it back together.

It's rare these days to find an unopended engine that's turning real times.
Not going through all that work for stock heads.  I have a brand new set of TA Race Ported SE heads waiting to go on something..... Probably going to build a 291 block and use your new trick pistons ;)

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Offline achalmersman

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31 2016, 04:47:56 PM »
I recently went 10.99 @122 with 93/alky on unopened longblock.  Untouched heads, cam, intake.  New springs though.  Took north of 35psi to get there. I believe with a tighter converter I could have gone faster. 

Impressive!  What turbo was that with and how much alky did you squirt?
Gen 2 6266, and as far as the alky?  All of it  ;) (gain maxed out, 1 M15 nozzle) was running out of fuel as the pressure dropped off substantially.  I have a RT 680DP setup ready to go in with external regulator and dual feed champion rails.  I hope not to ever worry about fuel again

Offline gusszgs

• Turbo Street Modified
  • PSI: 1
  • Limited quick brick
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31 2016, 06:17:04 PM »
What pump were you running?
Jim
1987 T Limited

Offline achalmersman

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31 2016, 06:25:44 PM »
What pump were you running?
A well used walbro 255lph with a hotwire kit.....not enough.

Crossing the traps with fuel pressure around 12psi low.  TT 6.1 chip was helping me out ramping the duty cycle / correction up to try to maintain A/F.  Injector duty cycle around 100% on 60s. 

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 31 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
I recently went 10.99 @122 with 93/alky on unopened longblock.  Untouched heads, cam, intake.  New springs though.  Took north of 35psi to get there. I believe with a tighter converter I could have gone faster. 

Gen 2 6266, and as far as the alky?  All of it  ;) (gain maxed out, 1 M15 nozzle) was running out of fuel as the pressure dropped off substantially.  I have a RT 680DP setup ready to go in with external regulator and dual feed champion rails.  I hope not to ever worry about fuel again

Easy to see how you made 35 psi LOL

With that turbo, I think you need 80 lbs injectors
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

Offline motorhead

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 4
  • look at my balls... look at them!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01 2016, 07:41:50 AM »
I ran the 60s static in my TBSS (25%ish ethanol) on a healthy dose of propane.  This was on the factory pump and a boost-a-pump which sends about 16v to the pump vs. the 12-14v you might get with a hotwire and/or volt booster.  Put the same in my Wagon with a 255lph Walbro.  I would consider it safe to go without a BAP using a Walbro 450.
>>>Das Instagram<<<
'80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS|'92 Camaro Z28|'07 TrailBlazer SS|'15 Colorado Z71|'19 Hellcat Widebooty M6

Offline achalmersman

• Bone Stock
  • Boost n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01 2016, 06:05:18 PM »

Easy to see how you made 35 psi LOL

With that turbo, I think you need 80 lbs injectors
Yea. I plan to run 120s when I install the new pumps.  I have a modded ecm and SD2 but would love to go xfi....  I know 120s are overkill but I want headroom in case I ever get access to E85 or get xfi and want headroom for fuel pressure compensation.

Offline Steve Wood

• Turbo Street Outlaw
  • PSI: 34
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/
« Reply #22 on: November 01 2016, 08:40:21 PM »
XFI is nice if you have access to a dyno and learn to tune, or pay a tuner.   Strange thing is that into the nines at least, XFI has all kinds of technical advantages...a t least according to the seller...but, when you go apples to apples, you seldom see a significant improvement in performance.  Note that I said apples to apples :D
Steve Wood

http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com

A lot of broken parts does not make you a racer; it makes you a slow learner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal